First PC build - Won't boot.

i5Wrath

Hello forum. As the title states this is my first time building a pc. I followed a guide step by step, but i ran into a problem. I am using the MSI bazooka 360m and i attached a photo marking the spot where i am having issues connecting the 2nd power cable. When i attempt to boot the computer up, the mobo flashes white and nothing else happens. I can connect to the port on the left just fine, while the one next to it doesn't seem to support the power connector that i have. SO basically only one half of my 8 slot power connector cables go into the MOBO. I am completely lost. Any and all help is appreciated.

lol.png

8 minutes ago, i5Wrath said:

When i attempt to boot the computer up, the mobo flashes white and nothing else happens. I can connect to the port on the left just fine, while the one next to it doesn't seem to support the power connector that i have. SO basically only

Can you try to switch the left and right cables.

PC Specs:

CPU: Intel Core i7-12700K 3.6 GHz 12-Core
CPU Cooler: Corsair iCUE H150i ELITE CAPELLIX 75 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler
Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z690-E GAMING WIFI ATX LGA1700
RAM: Kingston FURY Beast 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-5200 CL40
Storage: Boot Drive: Samsung 960 Evo 250GB M.2 NVMe SSD

Other Storage: Mass Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 7200 RPM, Western Digital Caviar Blue 2TB 5400 RPM, Scratch Disk: Intel X25-E SSDSA2SH032G1 32GB SATA II SSD, Backup Drive: Seagate ST3160318AS 160GB HDD
GPU: Asus GeForce RTX 3080 Ti 12 GB ROG STRIX GAMING OC
Case: Corsair 5000D AIRFLOW ATX Mid Tower
PSU: Silverstone Strider Platinum S 1000 W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully Modular ATX
Monitors: Primary: Samsung S34E790C 34" 3440*1440 60 Hz UWQHD; Secondary: LG 34UM58-P 34" 2560*1080 75 Hz UWFHD; Tertiary: BenQ GL2460 24" 1920*1080 60 Hz FHD

Keyboard: Corsair K70 Mk. 2 RGB Gaming Keyboard - Black

Mouse: Corsair M65 Pro RGB FPS Gaming Mouse - Black, Logitech MX Master 3

Headphones: Corsair VOID PRO Surround Cherry 7.1ch

Speakers: Logitech Z213 7W 2.1ch

Laptop:

Asus Zenbook Pro 15 (UX535Li-E2018T) with Intel Core i7-10750-H 12MB @ 2.60GHz (Turbo @ 5.0 GHz), 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4 2933 MHz SODIMM and Intel(R) UHD Graphics; NVidia Geforce GTX 1650-Ti with Max-Q Design, using WDC NVMe PC SN730 SDBPNTY-1T00-1102, on a 96-Wh battery

NAS Specs:

Make & Model: QNAP TS-1277

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600 @Stock

Hard Drives: x8 WD Red 2TB

SSDs (2.5"): x1 Samsung 850 Evo 250GB V-NAND (cache drive)

M.2 SSDs: None

RAID Configuration: RAID 6 (excluding SSD)

Total Storage: 12TB

Expansion Cards: None

14 minutes ago, i5Wrath said:

Hello forum. As the title states this is my first time building a pc. I followed a guide step by step, but i ran into a problem. I am using the MSI bazooka 360m and i attached a photo marking the spot where i am having issues connecting the 2nd power cable. When i attempt to boot the computer up, the mobo flashes white and nothing else happens. I can connect to the port on the left just fine, while the one next to it doesn't seem to support the power connector that i have. SO basically only one half of my 8 slot power connector cables go into the MOBO. I am completely lost. Any and all help is appreciated.

Or you might have used the wrong cables. Is you PSU fully modular?

Might have used the gpu power cables and could have magically fit. Or, just get new ones.

4 minutes ago, Hugs12343 said:

Can you try to switch the left and right cables.

I managed to get them connected properly, but it still does not turn on.

1 minute ago, StarfleetCap said:

Maybe you have used the gpu power cables and could have magically fit. Or, just get new ones.

Yes maybe he did that

PC Specs:

CPU: Intel Core i7-12700K 3.6 GHz 12-Core
CPU Cooler: Corsair iCUE H150i ELITE CAPELLIX 75 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler
Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z690-E GAMING WIFI ATX LGA1700
RAM: Kingston FURY Beast 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-5200 CL40
Storage: Boot Drive: Samsung 960 Evo 250GB M.2 NVMe SSD

Other Storage: Mass Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 7200 RPM, Western Digital Caviar Blue 2TB 5400 RPM, Scratch Disk: Intel X25-E SSDSA2SH032G1 32GB SATA II SSD, Backup Drive: Seagate ST3160318AS 160GB HDD
GPU: Asus GeForce RTX 3080 Ti 12 GB ROG STRIX GAMING OC
Case: Corsair 5000D AIRFLOW ATX Mid Tower
PSU: Silverstone Strider Platinum S 1000 W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully Modular ATX
Monitors: Primary: Samsung S34E790C 34" 3440*1440 60 Hz UWQHD; Secondary: LG 34UM58-P 34" 2560*1080 75 Hz UWFHD; Tertiary: BenQ GL2460 24" 1920*1080 60 Hz FHD

Keyboard: Corsair K70 Mk. 2 RGB Gaming Keyboard - Black

Mouse: Corsair M65 Pro RGB FPS Gaming Mouse - Black, Logitech MX Master 3

Headphones: Corsair VOID PRO Surround Cherry 7.1ch

Speakers: Logitech Z213 7W 2.1ch

Laptop:

Asus Zenbook Pro 15 (UX535Li-E2018T) with Intel Core i7-10750-H 12MB @ 2.60GHz (Turbo @ 5.0 GHz), 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4 2933 MHz SODIMM and Intel(R) UHD Graphics; NVidia Geforce GTX 1650-Ti with Max-Q Design, using WDC NVMe PC SN730 SDBPNTY-1T00-1102, on a 96-Wh battery

NAS Specs:

Make & Model: QNAP TS-1277

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600 @Stock

Hard Drives: x8 WD Red 2TB

SSDs (2.5"): x1 Samsung 850 Evo 250GB V-NAND (cache drive)

M.2 SSDs: None

RAID Configuration: RAID 6 (excluding SSD)

Total Storage: 12TB

Expansion Cards: None

1 minute ago, i5Wrath said:

I managed to get them connected properly, but it still does not turn on.

Did you make sure that your front panel connectors are properly connected or that the psu is turned on and connected to the wall?

Or you might have used the wrong cables. Is you PSU fully modular?

Might have used the gpu power cables and could have magically fit. Or, just get new ones.

This is my PSU

It could be a problem with the mobo. The 24pin connectors might not be in all the way.

8 minutes ago, StarfleetCap said:

It could be a problem with the mobo. The 24pin connectors might not be in all the way.

It doesn't look like i even own a 24 pin splitter....

2 minutes ago, i5Wrath said:

It doesn't look like i even own a 24 pin splitter....

Wait, are you saying that you dont have a 24pin connector? That shouldn't be happening!?

2 minutes ago, StarfleetCap said:

Wait, are you saying that you dont have a 24pin connector? That shouldn't be happening!?

I had a prebuilt that was running just fine without the 24 pin connector. Not sure what the issue is now. I do not have a 24 pin connector.

5 minutes ago, i5Wrath said:

I had a prebuilt that was running just fine without the 24 pin connector. Not sure what the issue is now. I do not have a 24 pin connector.

You CANNOT run a pc without a 24pin connector connected!(cable, power cable, whatever.) Return the psu now and get a new one. (Possibly a semi or fully modular.)

The connector should be coming right out of the psu in your case. If thats not there, there is a problem

The connector should be coming right out of the psu in your case. If thats not there, there is a problem

Ok, am sorry for being an idiot, i do infact have a 24 pin connector, me and my senile father are doing this together so i guess he forget we had the 24 pin connector.  Sorry for wasting your time

4 minutes ago, i5Wrath said:

Ok, am sorry for being an idiot, i do infact have a 24 pin connector, me and my senile father are doing this together so i guess he forget we had the 24 pin connector.  Sorry for wasting your time

Its alright, I'm just playing around on the forum right now, so dont worry.