Alienware M14x R2 in 2018 -trying to boost it little bit

Hi, a while ago i got my brothers old used Alienware M14x R2 laptop. It looks like its running solid.The battery is lower decent. I get about half hour to 45 min .So, i am going to get a new battery and charger.i really like it .But the temperature of the cores is like After 1st boot 50-60 ,Then after half an hour it would rise to 70 -80. When i use it for 3d or Editing or games temp goes high upto 90 -100. So, i thought of opening it up and cleaning it. I can build my own normal pc ,but have never opened a laptop.Scared...So, made my decision to open it up.

At the same time i thought why not upgrade some parts of it to the max .Here is the current specs, (its not going to be best even upgraded ,its old but ok)

--------------------------------

i7 -3rd gen

8gb ram

nvidia GT 650m

250 gb samsung evo ssd alone

win 10

---------------

I do not know that much about laptop stuffs .I am definately going to buy a battery and a adapter .

so would anybody please recommend me what are the parts that i can upgrade to the max. like,

ram? harddisk? graphics card ?And the best thermal paste?

(please post the parts name so i could see if the specific part is available in my country to buy )

i am going to  keep it as my backup as i would be doing a good amout of Designing,3d and editing works.Thanks , i really want to keep this baby alive for few more years.!

----------------------------

and is about rams does it support these rams

1- Corsair CMSX16GX3M2A1600C10 Vengeance 16GB Laptop Memory ddr3 (but it runs at 1333mhz instead of 1600 mhz)

2- Samsung Original 16GB Kit (2 X 8GB) 204-Pin SODIMM, DDR3 PC3L-12800, 1600MHz RAM

3- Crucial 16GB Single DDR3L 1600 MT s PC3L-12800 SODIMM Memory CT204864BF160B

i heard ivy bridge doesn't support 16gb mem sticks? is it true or should i stick to 8gb rams?