Need a Thunderbolt 3 port on my PC

Hello people,

I'm trying to connect my Wacom Cintiq Pro with my PC. However, I noticed (i.e. I've read on the net) the connection via the included Wacom Link is very unstable, so I need a direct connection from the tablet to my system. The problem is, the tablet is using Thunderbolt 3 (to transmit Display-data and input data) and my 2011 rig does not have any Thunderbolt 3 output. I do have a Geforce GTX 970, which has a DisplayPort (already used by my monitor) and an HDMI output.

What I've found on the internet was some PCIe card that would enable me to connect the Thunderbolt with my HDMI port from my graphics card (and potentially via USB port to my mainboard):

https://www.asrock.com/mb/spec/product.asp?Model=Thunderbolt 3 AIC

However, the problem is that this requires PCIe 3.0 lanes, but my Asus P8Z68-V Motherboard only has PCIe 2.0 lanes. I thought about upgrading my mainboard, but my i7 2600K requires a mainboard with a LGA1155 socket. And I can't afford upgrading my CPU at this time.

So I wonder if any of you know any solutions? Maybe a mainboard that supports lga1155 and PCIe 3.0? Or a thunderbolt 3 card that supports PCIe 2.0? Or some other clever solution?

Thanks a lot!

Is there maybe some other way to merge a USB and an HDMI/DisplayPort signal into a Thunderbolt 3 connection?