Is it possible to route my condenser mic from my pc into my ps4?

J400

I have been having issues with my current ps4 microphone and wanted to replace it, but then i had an idea, so I figured I would put this out there. I have a basic condenser mic connected through xlr into a mixer with phantom power, then runs into my pc with a 3.5 mm trs cable. Perhaps I could connect a 3.5mm trs to trrs cable from my pc into my controller? I would prefer to use a usb connection, but I'm open to ideas.

Also, sorry if I offend anybody for not putting this under consoles. I wasn't sure where to post it so I flipped a coin. you know, since it has a pc, a microphone and a ps4.

Yea it can be done, there are cables that split the TRRS into 2 TRS connections one for mic and one for audio, you can also get tiny usb sound cards and you could plug that straight into your console and then plug the mixer into that. 

On 7/12/2018 at 8:20 PM, LawlBot said:

Yea it can be done, there are cables that split the TRRS into 2 TRS connections one for mic and one for audio, you can also get tiny usb sound cards and you could plug that straight into your console and then plug the mixer into that. 

Thanks for the help! With a little research i managed to find a ps4 compatable sound card. Just ordered it, hopefully it works. A few of the reviews i found matched exactly what i wanted to do. I appreciate the help!