Two Z370 mb - which one to choose

I'm closer to replace my new motherboard+cpu+ram.

I want to buy MB with PCI expansion slot, so the only choose I have is MSI or ASRock:

ASRock Z370 Pro4
https://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/Z370 Pro4/index.asp

MSI Z370 PC PRO
https://msi.com/Motherboard/Z370-PC-PRO.html

CPU will be i7-8700k

Ram - 2 x 16 GB @3000 or 3200

I want to oc my CPU a little, but maybe around 4.8 GHz, not higher, so I don't know if I need to buy much better mainboard and lose my possibility to connect my soundcard.

Anyone have experience with any of these two mainboards?

Of course normally I would choose Fatal1ty serie, but I really need that PCI. Sad it's so rare these days.

Don't buy MSI motherboards. Get an Asus Prime Z370-A or Asus Strix Z370-E.

CPU: Intel Core i7-950 Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R CPU Cooler: NZXT HAVIK 140 RAM: Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 (1x2GB), Crucial DDR3-1600 (2x4GB), Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3-1600 (1x4GB) GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 770 DirectCU II 2GB SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 2.5" 1TB HDDs: WD Green 3.5" 1TB, WD Blue 3.5" 1TB PSU: Corsair AX860i & CableMod ModFlex Cables Case: Fractal Design Meshify C TG (White) Fans: 2x Dynamic X2 GP-12 Monitors: LG 24GL600F, Samsung S24D390 Keyboard: Logitech G710+ Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Mouse Pad: Steelseries QcK Audio: Bose SoundSport In-Ear Headphones

Try and get an Asus Prime Z370-A if you can. 

زندگی از چراغ

Intel Core i7 7800X 6C/12T (4.5GHz), Corsair H150i Pro RGB (360mm), Asus Prime X299-A, Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4X4GB & 2X8GB 3000MHz DDR4), MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G (2.113GHz core & 9.104GHz memory), 1 Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB NVMe M.2, 1 Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD, 1 Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SSD, 1 WD Red 1TB mechanical drive, Corsair RM750X 80+ Gold fully modular PSU, Corsair Obsidian 750D full tower case, Corsair Glaive RGB mouse, Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 (Cherry MX Red) keyboard, Asus VN247HA (1920x1080 60Hz 16:9), Audio Technica ATH-M20x headphones & Windows 10 Home 64 bit. 

The time Linus replied to me on one of my threads: 

1 hour ago, LinusTechTipsFanFromDarlo said:

Try and get an Asus Prime Z370-A if you can. 

1 hour ago, r2724r16 said:

Don't buy MSI motherboards. Get an Asus Prime Z370-A or Asus Strix Z370-E.

Can you read my post first, then anwer?

Or maybe you can find different version of this motherboard:

https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/PRIME-Z370-A/

with PCI slot? Because all I see is PCI-E slots, not even one PCI.

My question was really simple, only two mainboards with Z370 chipset has PCI slot (not PCI-E). None of ASUS Z370 have that slot. One Gigabyte has, but I don't want Gigabyte (the same reason probably as you don't like MSI). I'm asking people who has some experience with any of these two mainboards, I'm not looking for recommendation. I know that there are better motherboards, that's not the point and not my question at all.

Suggest going with the Z370 Pro4 the VRM is better.

Though looking at the QVL for some reason it seems as though they for whatever reason did not vet compatibility with the Samsung B-Die Ram kits that tend to OC and perform best in general. You will probably be just fine going with a B-Die kit regardless. Look for 3200 @ 14-14-14-34 and you are guaranteed as of the current moment that it is samsung B-Die.

This is a B-Die G Skill Kit https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820232217

If I might ask why do you require the PCI soundcard?

Rawr.

44 minutes ago, homeap5 said:

Can you read my post first, then anwer?

Or maybe you can find different version of this motherboard:

https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/PRIME-Z370-A/

with PCI slot? Because all I see is PCI-E slots, not even one PCI.

My question was really simple, only two mainboards with Z370 chipset has PCI slot (not PCI-E).

Just buy a cheap PCIe to PCI converter

CPU: Intel Core i7-950 Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R CPU Cooler: NZXT HAVIK 140 RAM: Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 (1x2GB), Crucial DDR3-1600 (2x4GB), Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3-1600 (1x4GB) GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 770 DirectCU II 2GB SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 2.5" 1TB HDDs: WD Green 3.5" 1TB, WD Blue 3.5" 1TB PSU: Corsair AX860i & CableMod ModFlex Cables Case: Fractal Design Meshify C TG (White) Fans: 2x Dynamic X2 GP-12 Monitors: LG 24GL600F, Samsung S24D390 Keyboard: Logitech G710+ Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Mouse Pad: Steelseries QcK Audio: Bose SoundSport In-Ear Headphones

1 hour ago, Sernefarian said:

If I might ask why do you require the PCI soundcard?

I already have nice PCI soundcard, not require. It's my main stereo card connected to my amplifier and quite good speakers for playing music. Of course I can buy another one on USB or PCI-E, but higher cost of motherboard + extra cost of another soundcard = much more money. So if any of these motherboards are good enogh to work with little OC i7-8700k, it will be my choice. Unfortunatelly.

1 hour ago, r2724r16 said:

Just buy a cheap PCIe to PCI converter

It's not that easy - it may works or not, they costs more than they're worth and it's another converter with all possible compatibility issues.