1366x768 monitor res has BLACK BOARDERS TOP AND BOTTOM ?>???????

WolfLoverPro

5 SECONDS AGO IT WAS FINE ITS BEEN FINE FOR YEARS

NOW ITS SUDDENLY After RUNNIG A GAME OR SOMTHING ITS AT  1366x768 wich is what its always been at BUTI

NOW OUT OF NOWHERE AT SAME REOLUTION ITS GOT BOARDS TOP AND BOTTOM ??? NO REASON AT ALL

IVE TRIED SETTIN THE SAME GAME TO 1366x768 AND QUIT BUT NOPE DESKTOP STILL HAS BOARDS

WTF?

ITS SUGGESTED NATIVE IS LIKE 1440x900 BUT

EVEN THO Thats the reccomened the text is shit

so i set to 1366x768 it looks how it should right sized text not fuzzy crap

BUT its never EVER HAD black boarders on 1366x768

WHY HAVE THEY APPARED FOR FUCK SAKE?

I EVEN RESTART MY PC

AND UNPLUGGED THE HDMI

WHY WHY WHY?????

10 minutes ago, WolfLoverPro said:

WHY WHY WHY?

Without specs of system, we'll never know

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

Bet your IT helpdesk loves you :P , anyway do you still have the boarders inside the game or does it only happen when your just in Windows?

My Rig - Intel I7-5820k@ 4ghz| Rampage V Extreme| 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4|RTX 2060 SUPER| Corsair 650D| Corsair HX750| 2TB Samsung 850 EVO| H100i| 3x SF-120's| 1x 240 cooler master Red LED Front intake

Everything I say defaults to include /s

Full specs of your system, as well as the monitor model, cable and age. Please do not use CAPS for excessive amounts of text, especially a whole thread post. Cheers.

hi.

47 minutes ago, AskTJ said:

Full specs of your system, as well as the monitor model, cable and age. Please do not use CAPS for excessive amounts of text, especially a whole thread post. Cheers.

1 hour ago, RuffRuffmcgruff said:

Bet your IT helpdesk loves you :P , anyway do you still have the boarders inside the game or does it only happen when your just in Windows?

1 hour ago, huilun02 said:

1. What model of display is it?

2. Is the image squished?

3. Have you tried resetting your display (the display itself, not the display settings in Windows)

1 hour ago, Radium_Angel said:

Without specs of system, we'll never know

OK so someone pemme and said goto nvida contorl panel and set the gpu scale to full screen instead of aspect ratio and it fuking works thank god

and wtf beacuse i never changed the bloody nvidia settings so idk

ok so

gtx 1050 2gb

a tv as a monitor lol

i5 4690

8gb ram

and a hdmi cable

and it stays like it in games too with borders at top if the display setting is set to

1366x768

not the game resolution just the windows display settings

but whatever res the games at it dont matter it stays borders

2nd

it dont matter anyway cuz

ive used  1366x768 for years since i frist got this pc

why i use 1366x768 is beacuse the tv as monitor makes text blurry so i set to 1366x768

looks good and it dont look crap anyway it dont matter

its been FINE for years and ohh today it decides to what make boarders ?????????

can you explain this ? yeah exactly NO beacuse it makes no sence what to the so ever does it?

all ive done is launch a game thats about it literally so wtf

ive tried changing resolution to native or 1080p it looks crap you cant read text BUT the borders GO so ???

and when i set to 1366x768 borders at top n bottom

AS I SAID ITS never EVER had borders before just today

You said that you changed a setting in nvidia control panel from aspect ratio to full screen. That simply means that something had changed the aspect ratio from 16:9 to something else in the settings and that's why the GPU filled the empty spaces with black bars.

Also you don't need to put an empty line between every sentence

My stuff:

Spoiler

CPU :  Intel i5 8400 | GPU : MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4GB

RAM : 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 @ 3600MHz

Mouse : Logitech G502 HERO SE | Keyboard : Mountain Everest Max w/ Cherry MX Brown

Headset : Beyerdynamics DT990 Pro 250Ω w/ AT2020USB+

Monitor : Acer XF240H @  144Hz

1 hour ago, Underi said:

You said that you changed a setting in nvidia control panel from aspect ratio to full screen. That simply means that something had changed the aspect ratio from 16:9 to something else in the settings and that's why the GPU filled the empty spaces with black bars.

Also you don't need to put an empty line between every sentence

Lol well that’s my way of getting out of using full stops and grammar in word lol

like this basically 

but Anyway so is it bad that I’ve change the going to scale it ? Will it cause lower Fps ? But how did I It change the aspect ratio ????? It didint touch nothing maybe it was the game changed the resolution and then kept the aspect ?