Im debating on getting a new monitor

godian

Im debating on getting a new monitor, but im not sure if i really need a 27" 144hz bc ive used a 24" 60hz for a long time and a 25" 240hz is as much as a 27"144hz here are the monitors im looking at they are both freesync bc i have a amd 580 8gb gpu. What i really want to know is does size really matter just for gaming? I know its more fov but could it really affect that much gameplay?

27" 144hz

25" 240hz

Do your games regularly run at over 144 fps? If so then the 240hz panel would probably be better.  Were you comfortable with a 24" panel?  Then again, the 240hz might be the better option. 

My first monitor died within a month so I'm returning it and I'm actually pulling the trigger on that exact Asus 27" in the next couple days. 

My reasoning was that in most cases at my preffered graphics settings, I don't go over 144fps.  Also, I went with 27" because I found myself leaning in to read text on the 24" that died. 

YMMV

Ps, I can't speak to the quality of either panel as I haven't seen either of them first hand.

9 hours ago, CorruptedSanity said:

Do your games regularly run at over 144 fps? If so then the 240hz panel would probably be better.  Were you comfortable with a 24" panel?  Then again, the 240hz might be the better option. 

My first monitor died within a month so I'm returning it and I'm actually pulling the trigger on that exact Asus 27" in the next couple days. 

My reasoning was that in most cases at my preffered graphics settings, I don't go over 144fps.  Also, I went with 27" because I found myself leaning in to read text on the 24" that died. 

YMMV

Ps, I can't speak to the quality of either panel as I haven't seen either of them first hand.

in ow i get more than 144fps but i run fortnite on epic on everytging but like 3 and get constistant 120 so maybe 144 will be fine

10 hours ago, CorruptedSanity said:

YMMV

i could go inbetween and get a 180 hz but i cant seem to find a 27” one thats in my $300 budget