Can't access SSD after reinstall help!

MrSufyaan
Go to solution Solved by Altecice,

Within Disk management,  Right click on the SSD bar and select from the menu "Change Drive letter and Path".... Give it a drive letter, restart and your done :)

(as you can see its the only drive there without a drive letter, so it wont show in My Computer)

I re installed Windows 8 after it tried to update to windows 8.1 and failed miserably (thanks Microsoft) and now I can't see my SSD in Windows Explorer.

I can see it in Disk Management but can't seem to access it and I don't want to format it because I don't want to lose anything.

Anyone have a solution?

It's the SSD Games drive below

post-517-0-54179500-1388252537_thumb.jpg

Within Disk management,  Right click on the SSD bar and select from the menu "Change Drive letter and Path".... Give it a drive letter, restart and your done :)

(as you can see its the only drive there without a drive letter, so it wont show in My Computer)

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

Note sure, but it seems your "SSD Partition" doesn't have a drive letter assigned.

Can you try to rightclick "SSD Games" and choose "change drive & station path" or something like that. (My Windows isn't in English)

Another thing you can do is use a piece of software like "acronis disk director" to check your partition.

Edit: Altecice was faster :(

WOW .. I shoulda spotted that  :mellow:.. Thanks anyway man!

@MrSufyaan btw reboot shouldn't even be neccesary, when you assign your drive letter you will get the same result as when you insert a usb drive.