Fully Modular Keyboard

I have been searching on the internet for a fully modular keyboard. I know for a fact that it exists, as my colleague at work has one, but the company that made it went bankrupt ($500 keyboard, so yeah). I am not looking for that one of course, but I would like to know if anyone knows of any company online that sells them, preferably one which is fully customizable design wise as well, just because that would be awesome and for easy gaming key reference icons. Also, when I say fully modular, I literally mean fully modular, where you can switch whichever part of the keyboard and attach it to other parts, including separating the keyboard (a bit like the dygma). The closest thing I found was on the wasdkeyboards website... which allows for customizable designs... just nothing modular unfortunately.

I don't want a tesoro nor a dygma (which seems inconvenient more than anything for the use I would have with it). I definitely am looking for something of a quality build.

3 minutes ago, Dissitesuxba11s said:

Are you talking about something like the Aorus GK-Thunder K7 or the Asus ROG Claymore? The Claymore has an option for MX Blacks.

Thanks for the reply. Somewhat like that, but even more modular, where you could, for example, remove the arrow keys and place them elsewhere without them losing their functionality. The keyboard I am describing would be more than $400 for sure. The thing I am looking for the most would be the ability to have a custom design, since I could easily click on specific buttons because of a visual cue, followed by the advanced modular feature.

The Aorus and Claymore could be a fair compromise if it came to that (or even the one I mentioned from wasdkeyboard).

• 3 weeks later...

The only think I have ever heard of similar to what you are asking for is the Optimus Maxumus keyboard. It had 113 fully programmable keys each with a small OLED screen. Unfortunately that keyboard was discontinued 12 years ago. When it was in production it cost around $2000

Interesting, couldn't find a decent image of the keyboard you mentioned.

My coworker told me his cost around $500, however, we work different shifts (so we don't see each other). I will see if he will respond to another message. Since we get so many emails at work, it makes this improbable. But, it's worth another shot I suppose.