Linux drivers install help

Iv got an usb WiFi which needs drives to work ,but am new to Linux ,I have a drive disc for it ,how do you install driver using the disc I got ?

5 minutes ago, yesman said:

Iv got an usb WiFi which needs drives to work ,but am new to Linux ,I have a drive disc for it ,how do you install driver using the disc I got ?

Don't bother with the disk, just try googling for drivers and praying you'll find a method that works. Though you should know that there is a possibility it simply won't work. Linux and usb network adapters are not a very nice match. ( I gave up and bought a long ass ethernet cable after a couple of wasted hours ^^)

PSU tier list // Motherboard tier list // Community Standards 

My System:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 3600, Gigabyte RTX 3060TI Gaming OC ProFractal Design Meshify C TG, 2x8GB G.Skill Ripjaws V 3200MHz, MSI B450 Gaming Plus MaxSamsung 850 EVO 512GB, 2TB WD BlueCorsair RM850x, LG 27GL83A-B

20 hours ago, martward said:

Don't bother with the disk, just try googling for drivers and praying you'll find a method that works. Though you should know that there is a possibility it simply won't work. Linux and usb network adapters are not a very nice match. ( I gave up and bought a long ass ethernet cable after a couple of wasted hours ^^)

But USB adaptors all worked out of the box for me. I did not need to install anything.

If the disk has Linux driver on it, op needs to install from it. Don't say googling. Google often breaks things. 

Sudo make me a sandwich 

17 hours ago, wasab said:

But USB adaptors all worked out of the box for me. I did not need to install anything.

If the disk has Linux driver on it, op needs to install from it. Don't say googling. Google often breaks things. 

Could you tell me which adaptors? Could be good to know for the future. 

PSU tier list // Motherboard tier list // Community Standards 

My System:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 3600, Gigabyte RTX 3060TI Gaming OC ProFractal Design Meshify C TG, 2x8GB G.Skill Ripjaws V 3200MHz, MSI B450 Gaming Plus MaxSamsung 850 EVO 512GB, 2TB WD BlueCorsair RM850x, LG 27GL83A-B

9 hours ago, martward said:

Could you tell me which adaptors? Could be good to know for the future. 

Alpha awnh something I believe. Their products are known to work well with Linux. 

Sudo make me a sandwich