Alien Omnibus Series; Good books?

Ryzen 2600X

Hey y'all,

I want to start getting into the Alien Universe, and need to know what a good book is to understand everything, such as the Xeno's inception.

Thanks!

25 minutes ago, masterRACE said:

Hey y'all,

I want to start getting into the Alien Universe, and need to know what a good book is to understand everything, such as the Xeno's inception.

Thanks!

Keep in mind that basically everything from the old comics, novels, and games are all non-canon (though they are fairly internally consistent - think of it more as "alt-canon").

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

11 minutes ago, dalekphalm said:

Keep in mind that basically everything from the old comics, novels, and games are all non-canon (though they are fairly internally consistent - think of it more as "alt-canon").

Huh, interesting!

3 minutes ago, masterRACE said:

Huh, interesting!

Basically when Prometheus, and then Alien Covenant came out, it fucked with, and tossed out almost all of the "expanded" Canon sources.

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

2 minutes ago, dalekphalm said:

Basically when Prometheus, and then Alien Covenant came out, it fucked with, and tossed out almost all of the "expanded" Canon sources.

Okay! I'm watching a video about Weyland-Yutani.

16 hours ago, dalekphalm said:

I've heard about those films, I heard they nearly got made, but either the writer was fired halfway through, or the director came to his senses and buried the unfinished films in a vault somewhere, but either way, they were never released.

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

7 hours ago, Radium_Angel said:

I've heard about those films, I heard they nearly got made, but either the writer was fired halfway through, or the director came to his senses and buried the unfinished films in a vault somewhere, but either way, they were never released.

*rolls eyes*

You're probably one of the same people that doesn't believe the prequels or TLJ was released, eh? :P

Prometheus was a flawed film, very much so. But the premise was solid, and it was enjoyable enough to watch. And certain parts, like David (Michael Fassbender) were quite simply great.

Alien Covenant was again, flawed, but much less so, and was a very enjoyable film.

Are they as good as Aliens? No. But they're sure as hell better than Alien3 and Alien Resurrection.

1 hour ago, dalekphalm said:

Prometheus was a flawed film

That's dabbling with understatement...

It's the only film I have ever seen that I walked out of.

It follows James Blish's theme of "the idiot plot" whereby the plot is only moved forward because all the characters within are idiots.

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me.