PC Freezing all Windows Except One (Help)

So say for instance on one monitor I am playing a game and on another monitor YouTube is open and have a random background application open, every once and a while every single window except the game freezes, this includes the windows start menu. But after I restart everything is back to normal. This is really annoying as it has happened twice today. BTW the ram doesn't get any higher than 70% but I think it may be the problem anyway.

SPECS:

GTX 1060

i7 8700k 

16gb of memory 

Gigabyte z370 Gaming 5 MOBO

Do you must restart Windows or just quit game?

Win10 has some new boost features for gamers in new versions of win10 - maybe just try to disable them? Disable all game improvements and focus assist.

• 5 weeks later...

So... This issue has been happening for a few months now. I would be playing Fortnite and want to go to my second screen except that I can't interact with that tab... except Fortnite works PERFECTLY. Now I don't now if it's Fortnite that is causing the problem. Also it was working before I upgraded my PC.. New Case, New MOBO, & New CPU so one of those three could be the issue. I have reinstalled windows which fixed the issue for around 3 weeks but it has just popped up again. If anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated.

On 7/5/2018 at 2:43 AM, homeap5 said:

Do you must restart Windows or just quit game?

Win10 has some new boost features for gamers in new versions of win10 - maybe just try to disable them? Disable all game improvements and focus assist.

I have to restart Windows