Safe Overclock i7-4770k Temperatures ?

Just overclocked my CPU @4.3ghz and I was trying some "manual" stress tests and got these temperatures. (Hyper 212 EVO cooler)

• Idle: around 38ºC/100ºF
  • daily "normal" gaming: 60-65ºC/140-150ºF
  • Gaming Stress (GTA V and CitiesSkylines opened at the same time working simultaneously.. LOL) around 77-80ºC/170-176ºF

I was wondering if these temperatures were safe and, if I could overclock even more and go up to 4.5ghz. thanks.

Yeah that's actually perfectly safe. TJ max for Haswell is 110C if I recall but I wouldn't recommend higher than 90C for daily use. If it were me I'd sink $50 into a better cooler like a CryoRig H5 but it's up to you

CPU: Core i9 12900K || CPU COOLER : Corsair H100i Pro XT || MOBO : ASUS Prime Z690 PLUS D4 || GPU: PowerColor RX 6800XT Red Dragon || RAM: 4x8GB Corsair Vengeance (3200) || SSDs: Samsung 970 Evo 250GB (Boot), Crucial P2 1TB, Crucial MX500 1TB (x2), Samsung 850 EVO 1TB || PSU: Corsair RM850 || CASE: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini || MONITOR: Acer Predator X34A (1440p 100hz), HP 27yh (1080p 60hz) || KEYBOARD: GameSir GK300 || MOUSE: Logitech G502 Hero || AUDIO: Bose QC35 II || CASE FANS : 2x Corsair ML140, 1x BeQuiet SilentWings 3 120 ||

LAPTOP: Dell XPS 15 7590

TABLET: iPad Pro

PHONE: Galaxy S9

She/they 

Just make sure the voltage is safe as well to not hurt the life spand of your CPU.

If  you don't know what it is just download Hardware Monitor. (It's a pretty helpful tool)

Please quote me or @ me in your response so I get a notification.                                                                       I really really really really like small text.

Occupation: Gamer | Hours: 24/7 Full-Time | Hourly Pay: 0 | Benefits: Chick Magnet

FINISHED BUILD - VIEW PROFILE

If you say I'm not always right, but I am, I will say I am right. 

rekt

I was using 1.3V and 93°C max in OCCT, 70°C-80°C in games for a year, then I delided and upped the clocks and voltage, now I am at 85°C max in OCCT, 55°C-70°C max in games but 1.38V for over a year.

You're way below that so you're fine.

39 minutes ago, WereCat said:

I was using 1.3V and 93°C max in OCCT, 70°C-80°C in games for a year, then I delided and upped the clocks and voltage, now I am at 85°C max in OCCT, 55°C-70°C max in games but 1.38V for over a year.

You're way below that so you're fine.

Hi. this is a bit off-topic but... I overclocked my 4770k to 4.5ghz, executed 3dmark11 and got this score:

Sure my graphics card is garbage and makes the score also garbage... but I was surprised with the cpu score, I looked up for other 4770k scores and they usually get around 2500, why is mine so high ?

Captura.PNG

24 minutes ago, Mr.Mago said:

Hi. this is a bit off-topic but... I overclocked my 4770k to 4.5ghz, executed 3dmark11 and got this score:

Sure my graphics card is garbage and makes the score also garbage... but I was surprised with the cpu score, I looked up for other 4770k scores and they usually get around 2500, why is mine so high ?

Captura.PNG

I get around 5k in Physics at 4,6GHz-4,5GHz. But I also run RAM at 2200MHz CL9 and Firestrike is RAM sensitive. So your score prety mutch matches mine if I run 1600MHz RAM.

4 minutes ago, WereCat said:

I get around 5k in Physics at 4,6GHz-4,5GHz. But I also run RAM at 2200MHz CL9 and Firestrike is RAM sensitive. So your score prety mutch matches mine if I run 1600MHz RAM.

Alright, thanks for the answer, but I still dont know how can someone get 2500 score with an i7-4770k xDDD