(SOLVED) M2_2 and SATA3_3 share lanes. One will be disabled

I have an AB350M Pro4 with a Ryzen 1600X. The MB can be found here. This MB has four SATA 3 ports and two M.2 slots. On page 41 of the Motherboard's Manual it says, "M2_2 and SATA3_3 share lanes. If either one of them is in use, the other one will be disabled"

My question is, does this mean if I put an M.2 drive in that M2_2 slot, the SATA3_3 slot will then be disabled or does it mean that the system will only be able to access either the M2_2 or SATA3_3 at any given time as opposed to simultaneous access?

Thanks for your help.

If a M.2 drive in installed in M2_2 will disable the SATA3_3.  Only one can be active at a time, the other one will not even be seen in the BIOS as its link has been disabled.  Same thing as physically unplugging the SATA3_3 port when a M.2 device is inserted.

2 minutes ago, BlenderRookie said:

I have an AB350M Pro4 with a Ryzen 1600X. The MB can be found here. This MB has four SATA 3 ports and two M.2 slots. On page 41 of the Motherboard's Manual it says, "M2_2 and SATA3_3 share lanes. If either one of them is in use, the other one will be disabled"

My question is, does this mean if I put an M.2 drive in that M2_2 slot, the SATA3_3 slot will then be disabled or does it mean that the system will only be able to access either the M2_2 or SATA3_3 at any given time as opposed to simultaneous access?

Thanks for your help.

Usually it defaults to the M.2 port.  If it is populated, it will not use one of the SATA ports.  It should say which SATA will go dead.  You can't access that port.  Period. 

It won't let you share between them.

12 minutes ago, BlenderRookie said:

Thanks for your help.

If M2_2 is populated, then SATA3_3 will not work. At all.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!