Athlon oc

Anybody knows a good SOFTWARE over clocking programm for socket 939 Athlon 4200+

2 minutes ago, The321 said:

Anybody knows a good SOFTWARE over clocking programm for socket 939 Athlon 4200+

I would recommend using the overclocking option in your system's BIOS which would allow for easier access to the overclocking setting if a overclock causes instability in your system although for a program that does do overclocking I would suggest that you use AMD Overdrive Software for Overclocking CPU and Controlling Fans since you have a AMD based CPU. I like this option that AMD provides because in the overclock it will control your fan speed automatically if you set it to and can prevent overheating caused by overclocking (can lower lifespan of your central processing unit).

Hope this information post was helpful  ?,

@Boomwebsearch 

BIOS Setup.

ASUS X470-PRO • R7 1700 4GHz • Corsair H110i GT P/P • 2x MSI RX 480 8G • Corsair DP 2x8 @3466 • EVGA 750 G2 • Corsair 730T • Crucial MX500 250GB • WD 4TB

Why u guys tell me bios if I clearly said software

3 minutes ago, The321 said:

@Boomwebsearch does it work with this super old socket?

It would not be easy to determine this software's compatibility with your system and other components which might hinder or not allow for the function of this software such as fans not being controllable by this software due to something like a fan which is not being able to be controlled well by this software (an incompatible fan controller)). Although this would apply to all overclocking software and the only way to really ensure full compatibility would be to contact AMD and ask them towards it or download the software and test if it will work or not with your computer which is dependent on a lot of factors involving your system.

Click the text below or paste it into your browser in order to download AMD Overdrive from AMD's site: (https://www.amd.com/en/technologies/amd-overdrive) 

Hope this information post was helpful  ?,

@Boomwebsearch 

Use the Bios software oc of that generation either didn't exist or was so shit it made me want to rage. make sure you've got some good cooling around the north bridge as well, cpu temps might be good while the north bridge is slowly dieing. 

overdrive wont work and is just a waste of time considering, I mean christ when did we ditch 939 2006?

Why bios when you asked for software, because software suppot for oc in that generation didn't exist, or was a cmd program that required restarting and a script applying bios settings on reboot, which rarely worked 

Silent build - You know your pc is too loud when the deaf complain. Windows 98 gaming build, smells like beige

34 minutes ago, The321 said:

Why u guys tell me bios if I clearly said software

We tell you BIOS because I'm pretty sure software overclocking didn't exist back then...

Edited by Crunchy Dragon

-Moved to CPUs, Motherboards, and Memory-

BIOS overclocking is a lot more stable than software overclocking. And either way, software overclocking was little more than a concept at the time.

Also, those old CPUs ran pretty hot so you'll want good cooling and airflow.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!