Need Tips on BF4. Need to get good. PC

100kevin100

Okay so I just transistiond from xbox 360 to pc and I installed bf4, now im getting a max of 6 kills in tdm, and conquest. My kdr is horrible. (don't care too much about it) but the game is fun, but not as fun as it could be if im pwning every one. Im level 6 I get about 750xp in a game and cant unlock guns because I cant kill enough people. It took me 18 matches to get a scar h. Need tips for kb&m!

control your recoil, never go lone wolfing, spam Q (spots enemies), use assualt class on 80% of the maps :)

also increase your FOV, i have mine at 95, and increase mouse sensitivity to about 50% so you can turn around faster

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

control your recoil, never go lone wolfing, spam Q (spots enemies), use assualt class on 80% of the maps :)

also increase your FOV, i have mine at 95, and increase mouse sensitivity to about 50% so you can turn around faster

I got the mouse thing covered. I find it perfect at 80% with a 1600dpi

I got the mouse thing covered. I find it perfect at 80% with a 1600dpi

Really? 

Mines at 1800 DPI on 17

As Dusty says, just PTFO. . . Trying to get "pwn" noobs is gonna be difficult, when you are the noob!

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600 | Cooler: Stock | RAM: 16GB Hyper Fury X RGB | GPU: RTX 2080 Super FTW3 | Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus Elite| PSU: Corsair RM850x
Storage: WD SN750 500GB / 850 500GB Samsung Evo /  | CASE: 570X | Display: Dell u2414h  | KEYBOARD: Corsair K70 | MOUSE: Corsair M65

same situation as me i did find my muse and started using sniper and stayed ontop of buildings its thrilling when a heli is coming towards you and u through c4 on it jump of the building and detonate :)

Really? 

Mines at 1800 DPI on 17

As Dusty says, just PTFO. . . Trying to get "pwn" noobs is gonna be difficult, when you are the noob!

I do PTFO, but it makes the game no fun if I cant get kills. But anyways, it was probably just the gun(s) I now have the m416 and its an absolute boss, I just went 20/5 on rush

Okay so I just transistiond from xbox 360 to pc and I installed bf4, now im getting a max of 6 kills in tdm, and conquest. My kdr is horrible. (don't care too much about it) but the game is fun, but not as fun as it could be if im pwning every one. Im level 6 I get about 750xp in a game and cant unlock guns because I cant kill enough people. It took me 18 matches to get a scar h. Need tips for kb&m!

Looks like your'e in the same boat I'm in, or was in. I transitioned about a month or two ago and came from pro level console play. First things first, this is the WRONG place to ask a question like this. Hell, even battlelog is the wrong place. So, expect some major suckage until you can adjust and your muscle memory conforms. No way around it. Avoid 64 man games like herpes, because that's what it is and playing w/ a lower player count will give you some breathing room and help you get acclimated.

To help you mechanically, and I assume you already know the basics of BF, you need to find a good sensitivity for you and keybinding setup. This is super important. I couldn't kill shit until I found a good sensitivity for me. If you're wondering, I use a razer deathadder a qck steelseries mouse pad and I run at 1800dpi with 10% ingame sensitivity, 25% for vehicles.

To add to this you're going to need to kill mouse acceleration. Turn raw input on in BF4 and search for the Mark C windows mouse fix. Download and extract this software and follow the instructions. Make sure you windows mouse sensitivity is set to 6 ticks out of 11.

As for keybindings, well by default they're okay but not perfect. Put gadget 1 and gadget 2 on your scroll wheel ( for some stupid ass reason you need to bind toggle underslung on too for it to work ) and put grenades on one of your mouse buttons. Have a binding to quick switch to your pistol when you need it, I use C personally and scroll wheel click to switch back to primary.  Put vehicle seat switching to spacebar, using the f keys is retarded as hell ( you'll fumble if you keep em ). For jets bind spacebar to pitch up. That's about all I can recall for now, but I assure you eventually you'll get better at the game. It helps alot to play with people, you can add me SpiritVersailles. But moreover, you just have to endure. No one becomes a god at pc overnight, no one.

To add, download and play other games! Don't just focus on Battlefield, let your skills develop across multiple titles and in situations where being competitive or being the best doesn't really matter. Your core skill swill improve this way. Just stick with it, trust me man you'll just wake up one day and be good and hopefully if you're experienced you'll be better than average! I should note, I do use a ps4 controller for air vehicles. I can fly choppers fine w/ m and kb but for jets forget about it. I recommend doing the same. M and kb players are way crappier than analog users on console so you should be able to dominate in this regard ( not to say all are, but the average pc player in the air is hilariously bad ) 

8320 @ 4.3ghz l Gigabyte 970a Ud3 l Hyper 212 Evo l R9 290 l 8gb RAM 1866 Vengeance l 1tb WD Black l 120gb Samsung Evo SSD l HX750 Gold PSU l 500d Arctic Case l Windows 8 OS l K65 and Blackwidow Keyboard l M65 and DeathAdder 2013 l Qck Steelseries l 24in Vizio Monitor 1080p

Looks like your'e in the same boat I'm in, or was in. I transitioned about a month or two ago and came from pro level console play. First things first, this is the WRONG place to ask a question like this. Hell, even battlelog is the wrong place. So, expect some major suckage until you can adjust and your muscle memory conforms. No way around it. Avoid 64 man games like herpes, because that's what it is and playing w/ a lower player count will give you some breathing room and help you get acclimated.

To help you mechanically, and I assume you already know the basics of BF, you need to find a good sensitivity for you and keybinding setup. This is super important. I couldn't kill shit until I found a good sensitivity for me. If you're wondering, I use a razer deathadder a qck steelseries mouse pad and I run at 1800dpi with 10% ingame sensitivity, 25% for vehicles.

To add to this you're going to need to kill mouse acceleration. Turn raw input on in BF4 and search for the Mark C windows mouse fix. Download and extract this software and follow the instructions. Make sure you windows mouse sensitivity is set to 6 ticks out of 11.

As for keybindings, well by default they're okay but not perfect. Put gadget 1 and gadget 2 on your scroll wheel ( for some stupid ass reason you need to bind toggle underslung on too for it to work ) and put grenades on one of your mouse buttons. Have a binding to quick switch to your pistol when you need it, I use C personally and scroll wheel click to switch back to primary.  Put vehicle seat switching to spacebar, using the f keys is retarded as hell ( you'll fumble if you keep em ). For jets bind spacebar to pitch up. That's about all I can recall for now, but I assure you eventually you'll get better at the game. It helps alot to play with people, you can add me SpiritVersailles. But moreover, you just have to endure. No one becomes a god at pc overnight, no one.

To add, download and play other games! Don't just focus on Battlefield, let your skills develop across multiple titles and in situations where being competitive or being the best doesn't really matter. Your core skill swill improve this way. Just stick with it, trust me man you'll just wake up one day and be good and hopefully if you're experienced you'll be better than average! I should note, I do use a ps4 controller for air vehicles. I can fly choppers fine w/ m and kb but for jets forget about it. I recommend doing the same. M and kb players are way crappier than analog users on console so you should be able to dominate in this regard ( not to say all are, but the average pc player in the air is hilariously bad ) 

Yeah, I suck at jets with a kb and m but I have the stick thing where I plug it in and its like a airplane steering wheel or something. Don't know the name but its like a joystick but bigger (lol) and the red button on top I click and it shoots.

On basics, learn maps. Always keep turning, don't trust any player in your team to watch your back. Play medic/support/engi for fast point via heal/ammo/repair. For weapon unlocks play Domination or CQ Locker. Oh, and always keep moving. Still standers are easy targets for snipers and experienced players.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

shoot in bursts and try to stay behind cover and I play better with headphones, because of the positional audio you are able to tell when not to run around a corner or dash from one house to another

Play with other people, you can learn from them

CPU: 4670K / Cooler: H100i / RAM: 4x4GB Corsair Vengence Pro 1866MHz / Motherboard: MSI Z87-GD65 / GPU: MSI TF 780 Gaming Edition / Case: Corsair Vengence C70 / Storage: 250GB Samsung Evo & 2TB Seagate Barracuda / PSU: EVGA SuperNova NEX750G

You'll get better over tome as your coordination increases.

Watch levelcap, xfactor and matimio on YouTube. Xfactor is probably the best to watch for getting better

"if by "bass" you mean wet farts then yes, those are the razer crapkens"

Scope around your corners, 3 round burst as much as you can. I use both those tactis KD is 2.16 :D 

Current Build: Case: Define R4 White/Window CPU: i5 3470 @4.0Ghz GPU: GTX 680 DCUII +500Mhz(Mem) Cooler: Hyper 212 EVO Monitor: Acer Monitor 1920x1080 MOBO: Asrock Z77 Extreme 4 Storage: 2TB HDD, 120GB 840 EVO (OS)

Future Build: 4670K, GTX 780 MSI TwinFrozr OC, Z87X-D3H, 8GB @1866Mhz, 120GB SSD, 1TB HDD, 750D, RM 650W, Custom Loop. White/Blue/Black Colour Scheme. I literally cannot wait *_*

just play and play, you'll eventually get better. play the objective. and make use of the new peek mechanic. try to flank enemies. always spot whenever you see an enemy.

| i5 3570 | Palit GTX 680 jetsream | Gigabyte Z77x-ud3h | Corsair Vengeance 2x4 1600mhz | WD Caviar Black  1TB | Corsair TX 650m | Coolemaster Hyper212 X | NZXT Pantom 410 | Asus VS239 | Logitech G400s |

Click here to learn how to troll

Watch levelcap, xfactor and matimio on YouTube. Xfactor is probably the best to watch for getting better

Matimi0's Mind Games series should be very helpful once you start getting into the game a bit more =)

Also, it is extremely important that you disable mouse acceleration - trying to aim with it on is like trying to aim with a steering wheel. Seriously, I instantly got better at CS:GO when I disabled it.

One last thing: learn the recoil patterns of your favourite guns, and get used to controlling their vertical recoil, either in the testing range or an empty server.

DROGON: Intel i5-4690K @ 3.5 GHz /// MSI Z97 Gaming 5 /// Corsair Vengeance Pro 2x4GB @ 1600MHz /// EVGA GTX 780 Classified /// Phanteks Enthoo Pro /// Crucial MX100 512GB SSD /// Corsair AX760i /// Corsair H105 /// Corsair Vengeance K70 /// Corsair M45 /// Dell Ultrasharp U2414H /// Build log: completed

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0SHXNvPjmFk

I while starting with battlefield 3 i also started watching  How to be come a better noob and i learned a lot.

He just started new series for Battlefield 4 ^^

4690k==H105==Z97 Sniper G1== Ballistix Tracer 8GB==MSI GTX 1660 Ti== 1TB SB==MX100 128GB ==450D

Yeah, I suck at jets with a kb and m but I have the stick thing where I plug it in and its like a airplane steering wheel or something. Don't know the name but its like a joystick but bigger (lol) and the red button on top I click and it shoots.

I believe that would still be a joystick. Its not like it changes when it gets bigger. A big mouse is still a mouse.

While you can watch videos and take people's advice, none of it actually helps as much as plain old experience. Sure you could always tell yourself watch corners, have teammates around you, learn to burst, stuff like that, but early on its hard to do all that. You're gonna learn all of those stuff by just playing the game, no need to go on the internet and ask people for advice. It becomes a bit like instinct.

A great example (for me at least) would be League of Legends. You first start off and you become an african humanitarian camp: All you do is feed. I know I was. But the more you play, the more you learn. You learn the mechanics of the game and develop a good sense of when and where. In order to get better at anything, practice is what will do it.

So my best tip: Play the game and learn the game. Learn the maps and how you should play. Nothing is as good of a subsitute as raw experience.

Edit: You don't need to be "pwning" your opponents to have fun, unless thats your only definition of "fun".

As for keybindings, well by default they're okay but not perfect. Put gadget 1 and gadget 2 on your scroll wheel ( for some stupid ass reason you need to bind toggle underslung on too for it to work ) and put grenades on one of your mouse buttons. Have a binding to quick switch to your pistol when you need it, I use C personally and scroll wheel click to switch back to primary. Put vehicle seat switching to spacebar, using the f keys is retarded as hell ( you'll fumble if you keep em ). For jets bind spacebar to pitch up. That's about all I can recall for now, but I assure you eventually you'll get better at the game. It helps alot to play with people, you can add me SpiritVersailles. But moreover, you just have to endure. No one becomes a god at pc overnight, no one.

The keybindings took some getting used to for me, because i played a lot of BF1942 and BF2 before i build my new computer. And if you know these games then you'll know the differences between the keybindings. For example: key for main weapon was 3, you had no knife button like 'f' you had to press 1 to switch to your knife and then get two hits on your enemy (or 1 in BF2). Also for the 'f' key being retarded u agree on that, i used to keep throwing nades instead of knifing cause i excidentally pressed 'g'.

Using Tapatalk

I'd say play while communicating over something like teamspeak with winning the game as your main objective.

Cooler Master 690 II Advanced - I5 2500K @ 4.5Ghz - Geil Enhance Plus 1750Mhz 8Gb - ASUS ENGTX 570 DCUII - MSI Z68aGD65 - Scythe Mugen 2 Rev. B - Samsung 830 128gb and Crucial m4 128gb - much other stuff not worth mentioning

shoot in bursts and try to stay behind cover and I play better with headphones, because of the positional audio you are able to tell when not to run around a corner or dash from one house to another

I cant burst in bf4 at all for some odd reason, i dunno why but in bf4 is seems a lot more accurate to just go made and keep the trigger down. it seems to work kinda well for me at the moment.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

I cant burst in bf4 at all for some odd reason, i dunno why but in bf4 is seems a lot more accurate to just go made and keep the trigger down. it seems to work kinda well for me at the moment.

well I would definitely not recommend using burst fire by setting it on the gun, because if you suddenly have to shoot somebody running at you you will most definitely loose :/