Upgrading my headgear

Rozz21

So i had these Logitech "Gaming" headphones for 3 years. They are crappy, but were very cheap. Now i'd like to upgrade it to something better, but not any gaming headphones anymore. I looked for HD 559 and HD 599, which both cost around 100-150 euros (my budget). The main thing i do is gaming and listening music. If there are better headphones for a better price that would be good as well. The point that i am trying to get to is, that i want to upgrade my crappy headphones to something premium, but at the same time affordable price. 

I apologize for my bad english. 

Kingston HyperX Cloud II.

The BEST headset you can get.

Ive had mine for 3 years, still sounds great + its medal, so good build.

And its only 77ish Euros.

IT is the best headset you can buy for cheap.

M Y  S T U F F

Ryzen  PC |~|  Ryzen 5 1600 | GTX 1060 6GB | G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 8GB DDR4 DDR4 2400 x2 |  WD Blue 250GB SSD | Barracuda Pro 2TB  EVGA 650W 80+Gold |

Laptop |~| Legion Y530 | i7-8750H | GTX 1050 Ti 4GB | 16GB DDR4 2666MHz | 128GB SSD | 1 TB Hard Disk Drive, 7200rpm |

Macbook Air |~| 2.2GHz dual-core Intel Core i7 | Intel HD Graphics 6000 | 8GB of 1600MHz  512GB SSD |

Displays |~| AOC G2460VQ6 24" x2|

Keyboard |~| Corsair Gaming K70RGB 

Mouse |~| Razer Lancehead Pink RG

Audio |~| HyperX Cloud II Audio-Technica ATH-AD700X

Microphone |~| Audio Technica AT2035

M y  R e v i e w s 

Lenovo Y530 Legion Laptop.

More Coming Soon...

5 hours ago, Rozz21 said:

So i had these Logitech "Gaming" headphones for 3 years. They are crappy, but were very cheap. Now i'd like to upgrade it to something better, but not any gaming headphones anymore. I looked for HD 559 and HD 599, which both cost around 100-150 euros (my budget). The main thing i do is gaming and listening music. If there are better headphones for a better price that would be good as well. The point that i am trying to get to is, that i want to upgrade my crappy headphones to something premium, but at the same time affordable price. 

I apologize for my bad english. 

If you can have Open back headphones they are the way to go for music and gaming, your positional audio for FPS games will improve over closed backs but having open backs in a loud environment can be really annoying so if your trying to drown out the outside world or plan to use these in a public place I would go with a decent set of closed back headphones.

For open headphones:

I own a pair of the Senn HD 558's and they are my go to pair for CS:GO & PUBG. I actually get such a huge audio advantage with these headphones I can hear people running everywhere.  I don't think you can purchase the 558's anymore but the one to go for is the HD 598 Open back which from what I know are quite similar to the 558's.  The 598's will also be great for listening to music.

https://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-HD-598-SR-Open-Back/dp/B06WRMZZ45/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1530384703&sr=8-2&keywords=HD+558

171.00$ USD ----->  146.00 Euro  HD 598 Open back.

Another option would be to go to www.massdrop.com and checkout what they have dropping right now and do your own research on the HD 6XX , K7XX , HD 58X  These are slightly more expensive than your budget but in the case of the 6XX your getting a 4-500USD HD650 headphone for $200.00 USD which is a steal. 

I recently got my 6XX in the mail and they are a fantastic headphone not as good as the 558's for gaming but listening to music/movies is unreal but you do need an amp to properly use them imo.

For closed headphones:

The Audio Technica M40x with Brainwaves HM5 Angled ear pads are another great choice, very clear & great bass for all the new age music.  Gaming is good but these I would classify as a "fun" gaming headphone they have good bass so gunshots explosions etc sound fantastic but they are lacking in the positional audio section but if your not SUPER competitive they still work.. I have used them for many games of PUBG etc with no problems.

Headphones:

https://www.amazon.com/Audio-Technica-ATH-M40x-Professional-Headphones-Headphone/dp/B00UG7QMPO/ref=sr_1_4?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1530385477&sr=1-4&keywords=Audio+Technica+m40x

Pad upgrade (YOU HAVE TO BUY THESE IF YOUR GETTING m40x THE STOCK PADS ARE UNUSABLE):

https://www.amazon.com/Brainwavz-Angled-Memory-Foam-Earpad/dp/B00ZY8PGJI/ref=sr_1_fkmr1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1530385587&sr=1-1-fkmr1&keywords=brainwaves+Hm5+angled

$108.00 USD ----->  92.00 euro

$27.50  USD ------>  23.00 euro

Total:  115.00 euro 

This option even leaves room for a mic if needed such as the antlion mod mic or something similar (link below)

https://www.amazon.com/Antlion-Audio-Attachable-Microphone-Call-Centers/dp/B075RGBFDY/ref=sr_1_5?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1530385718&sr=1-5&keywords=Antlion+modmic

If you like more of a FLAT sounding headphone another option for closed headphones in this price range would be the Brainwaves HM5 or NVX XPT 100's both headphones use the same pads, drivers etc its just the build quality is the difference, the XPT's come with extra pads and cables.

https://www.amazon.com/Brainwavz-HM5-Studio-Monitor-Headphones/dp/B006MA9XXM/ref=sr_1_2_sspa?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1530385953&sr=1-2-spons&keywords=hm5&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/NVX-Over-Ear-Headphones-ComfortMax-XPT100/dp/B0093PVTPS/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1530386014&sr=1-1&keywords=xpt100

HM5: $108 USD ----->  92.00 euro

XPT 100's:  $80.00 USD -----> 68.00 euro

Again these two are very flat and great for monitoring purposes but are still very enjoyable and probably one of THE MOST COMFORTABLE headphones you can buy.

Feel free to PM me if you have any further questions.

Good luck with you purchase!

Cheers.