I am so beyond confused.

docterkiwi

Okay so my old computer started having issues so I decided to build a new one only keeping my SSD and HDD. Only issue is computer will start then immediately shit off again. Here is everything I tried 

1. At first I switched to my old psu while having motherboard, ram, and CPU. THE BIOS CAME UP FINE. So I assumed it was obv the new psu I called amazon to replace yatata. However, after putting computer together the same thing happens after I put all my parts in. (Starts immediately shuts off) 

2. Unplugged HDD and SSd from motherboard. Still same issue 

3. Quadruple checked wiring everything plugged in. 

I really don’t know what to do. These are all new parts. Need suggestions stat. Thanks! 

Mobo: MSI LGA 1151 300 Series Intel Z370

intel i5 8600k

Ram ddr4 hyper X 2x8gb

dead on arrival was the best EVGA bronze 650w bq 80+ 

then cpu fan cooler master 212 evo 

graphics evga 970 ssc 

Steam:Drift and Drift_2 <p>(name is hunter) Lets play:)

Edit: I’m using the psu that worked a seasonic 650 until I get a new one. (This is the one that booted the bios) 

Okay now this just got weird. When removing the sata cable that connects the HDD and SSD from the psu the computer now starts however no bios screen anymore. 

Got the bios up by switching hdmi to graphics card currently trying to figure out how to get to boot, any advice appreciated. 

Dumb question: did you put the standoffs between the case and the motherboard?

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X Cooler: Corsair H100i Platinum SE Mobo: Asus B550-A GPU: EVGA RTX 2070 XC RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200MHz 16CL 4x8GB (DDR4) SSD0: Crucial MX300 525GB SSD1: Samsung QVO 1TB PSU: NZXT C650 Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow Monitor: Asus VG259QM (240Hz)

I usually edit my posts immediately after posting them, as I don't check for typos before pressing the shiny SUBMIT button.

Unraid Server

CPU: Ryzen 5 7600 Cooler: Noctua NH-U12S Mobo: Asus B650E-i RAM: Kingston Server Premier ECC 2x32GB (DDR5) SSD: Samsung 980 2x1TB HDD: Toshiba MG09 1x18TB; Toshiba MG08 2x16TB HDD Controller: LSI 9207-8i PSUCorsair SF750 Case: Node 304

2 hours ago, Nocte said:

Dumb question: did you put the standoffs between the case and the motherboard?

I was thinking similarly, Is there a short somewhere?  Probably not no standoffs because then the power lines from the psu would short and trip something/blow up something, but it could be a short somewhere.

4 hours ago, T9987 said:

I was thinking similarly, Is there a short somewhere?  Probably not no standoffs because then the power lines from the psu would short and trip something/blow up something, but it could be a short somewhere.

Stand offs are in. I was able to get it running after booting with no power to ssd or HDD, then later plugging in the SSD. haven’t plugged in HDD yet. Scared lol 

6 hours ago, docterkiwi said:

Stand offs are in. I was able to get it running after booting with no power to ssd or HDD, then later plugging in the SSD. haven’t plugged in HDD yet. Scared lol 

Try a different SATA port.

Try a completely different sata harness, this once happened to jay from jayztwocents where he swapped sata harnesses and it fixed his problems. Might not work but worth a shot

Optical Drive Poll: https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/1006309-optical-drive-survey/

Main Rig (Pulsar)

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X MOBO: MSI MEG X570 Unify RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum RG(4x8gb) 3200Mhz 16-16-16-32 GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW ACX 3.0 Cooler: Noctua NH-U12S Chromax (LTT Edition) Storage: Intel 6000p 128gb boot drive, Intel 665p 1tb (x2), Samsung 850 EVO 1tb, Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro M Tempered Glass PSU: EVGA SupeNOVA G1+ 750W OS: Windows 10 Pro 64 bit  

FreeNAS Server (The Vault)

CPU: Xeon E5-2603 v3 MOBO: MSI X99 Tomahawk RAM: G.Skill Aegis (4x8gb) 3000Mhz 16-18-18-38 GPU: EVGA GT 710 Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 LED Storage: Intel S3520 x2 for boot, x16 in RAIDZ for storage, Seagate Ironwolf 2tb (Striped will be a steam cache) Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro Tempered Glass PSU: Corsair CX750 750W