Best phone with headphone jack

Looking at a new verizon available phone now. Old G6 is dying and had issues early on. Mainly that flaw in the camera where they didn't focus anymore.

For me the headphone jack is 100% mandatory. Was considering the v30 because a headphone amp would be nice with my akg q701 and k702 cans that phones just fail to drive, but I can't say i was amped on my latest LG experience though my previous phones and tv have been awesome. Every time I see a phone i maybe like it's missing the damn headphone jack. 

let the debate commence!

I have the v30 and from an audiophile standpoint, it is one of the best quality sounding DACs in a phone. I had a v20 before this and that's the exact reason I got the v30. I use an aux cable in my car and headphones when drumming and both sound noticeably better then other devices/bluetooth. Plus it gets louder then most phones and playing lossless audio on a phone is pretty sweet lol.

Main Rig: cpu: Intel 6600k OC @ 4.5Ghz; gpu: Gigabyte Gaming OC RTX 2080 (OC'd); mb: Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD3; ram: 16 GB (2x8GB) 3000 G.Skill Ripjaws V; psu: EVGA 650BQ; storage: 500GB Samsung 850 evo, 2TB WD Black; case: Cooler Master HAF 912; cooling: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo, Lots of fans, Air!; display: 4k Samsung 42" TV, Asus MX259H 1080p audio: Schiit Audio Magni Amp w/ Audio Technica M50x

I would also say the v30.

1 hour ago, EarthWormJM2 said:

I have the v30 and from an audiophile standpoint, it is one of the best quality sounding DACs in a phone. I had a v20 before this and that's the exact reason I got the v30. I use an aux cable in my car and headphones when drumming and both sound noticeably better then other devices/bluetooth. Plus it gets louder then most phones and playing lossless audio on a phone is pretty sweet lol.

How have your gps and cameras held up? My G6 gps unit is now pretty glitchy and loses track of me all the time which is terrible. And the g6 has a known issue with the non wide angle camera no longer focuses and can only be fixed by replacing the camera

15 hours ago, SgtSparkles said:

How have your gps and cameras held up? My G6 gps unit is now pretty glitchy and loses track of me all the time which is terrible. And the g6 has a known issue with the non wide angle camera no longer focuses and can only be fixed by replacing the camera

Everything is still working like new. I only have a tempered glass screen protector and a thin gel case (I don't like my phones to be too bulky as I carry them in my front pocket) and its been dropped a few times with no damage. My gf had a g5 and had a few issues as well, which leads me to believe the g series isn't the best. But my v20 and v30 have held up. I have had it for almost a year so far. Taken hours of video and hundreds of pictures and the camera still works like new. ( I still impress ppl showing them a 1080p @60fps video I record on my phone). I don't use GPS that often, but I have never had issues with it and I drove from basically DC to New Orleans with a few stops along the way and it never lost me, even going through the smoky mountains. I'd say so far it is very reliable, but there's always the chance of getting a bad one. Hope this info helps!

Main Rig: cpu: Intel 6600k OC @ 4.5Ghz; gpu: Gigabyte Gaming OC RTX 2080 (OC'd); mb: Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD3; ram: 16 GB (2x8GB) 3000 G.Skill Ripjaws V; psu: EVGA 650BQ; storage: 500GB Samsung 850 evo, 2TB WD Black; case: Cooler Master HAF 912; cooling: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo, Lots of fans, Air!; display: 4k Samsung 42" TV, Asus MX259H 1080p audio: Schiit Audio Magni Amp w/ Audio Technica M50x

1 hour ago, EarthWormJM2 said:

Everything is still working like new. I only have a tempered glass screen protector and a thin gel case (I don't like my phones to be too bulky as I carry them in my front pocket) and its been dropped a few times with no damage. My gf had a g5 and had a few issues as well, which leads me to believe the g series isn't the best. But my v20 and v30 have held up. I have had it for almost a year so far. Taken hours of video and hundreds of pictures and the camera still works like new. ( I still impress ppl showing them a 1080p @60fps video I record on my phone). I don't use GPS that often, but I have never had issues with it and I drove from basically DC to New Orleans with a few stops along the way and it never lost me, even going through the smoky mountains. I'd say so far it is very reliable, but there's always the chance of getting a bad one. Hope this info helps!

Thats good to hear as I ordered the v30 last night. I was looking at the S9 as it had a headphone jack but the verizon one just had so damn much non-removable bloatware that I couldn't. My G6 full on bricked after 2 days and they gave me a new one. then it was all peachy for a little while untill the known defects popped up. The salesman there kept trying to push me toward the g7 but it was smaller and looked like an s6 with no upgraded components. so to me the same spec with a bigger screen and the headphone capabilities were the better choice of the two especially after coming from the g series

4 hours ago, Xethora said:

Otherwise, just use Bluetooth like everyone else; you literally won't notice a difference

...Except that there is clearly a noticeable and measurable difference.

4 hours ago, Xethora said:

don't even use the 3.5mm jack. Literally all of them use the quarter-inch jack

This is... this is just 100% false. There is 0 difference in sound quality between a 3.5mm jack and a 1/4 inch jack.

4 hours ago, huilun02 said:

Go post this exact comment on head-fi.org and see what response you get

I was literally just on head-fi.org when I saw this comment xD