Lenovo y50 stripped screw

Nineshadow

Hello guys. While trying to open up a Lenovo Y50, I've come across a pretty annoying problem: one screw is totally stripped. MVIMG_20180626_110026.thumb.jpg.9c30a808140833f2377a2ea1e06a1005.jpg

I've tried using different screwdrivers, applying more force, using an elastic band, but, alas, nothing worked. Any suggestions?

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

I do not know the name of those bits, but there are 'round' screwdrivers of various sizes, picking the right one might fit in that screw hole and might allow you to unscrew it.

That would be the most viable option I would think. Using pliers inside the screw hole could also be an option, just fitting those in there and extending them outwards, so you have enough so that there is force on the screw

Keep in mind the above methods may somewhat damage the screw, but I assume you are intending on re using that screw..

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

What I've done before in a pinch is use super glue and a screwdriver. Just put some super glue in the screw(dont let it touch the plastic) and put in your screw driver in that and wait for it to dry properly

Should give you enough grip on the screw to remove it.I've just scraped off the glue with a knife later although you can just use a cheap screwdriver so you dont ruin a nicer one.