Graph to compare RAM speeds

So I have been trying to figure out the best Ram to buy and I am the type of person to neurotically research anything until I am an expert and I know everything about something before I buy it.

I made this chart on Ram speed vs. CL using a list of available Ram, whats available in stores and hours of research.  Its been done before.  I know.  But I was hoping to do it better and easier to understand for other.

Now I am looking for feedback on it, and asking, what the hell do I do with it.  Let me know if there is trouble accessing it.

2018-06-25 19_10_41-Ram Quality Sheet 2.png

2018-06-25 18_37_43-Ram Quality Sheet.png

5 minutes ago, GizmoAT said:

So I have been trying to figure out the best Ram to buy and I am the type of person to neurotically research anything until I am an expert and I know everything about something before I buy it.

I made this chart on Ram speed vs. CL using a list of available Ram, whats available in stores and hours of research.  Its been done before.  I know.  But I was hoping to do it better and easier to understand for other.

Now I am looking for feedback on it, and asking, what the hell do I do with it.  Let me know if there is trouble accessing it.

I'd start by asking DRAM manufacturers why they're still price fixing RAM modules globally with artificial "shortage" claims, and then use the charts to compare price to performance after the price fixing scandal is resolved. :) 

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Koodo - 75GB Data + Data Rollover for $45/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

Agree! Haha..

I've been checking camelcamelcamel.com looking for this price break that's supposed to be occuring.  Now that they're busted.  Nothing yet!

image.png.dabbca72c080e4bb06fbe0e7593b2144.pngimage.png.b751f66929415c04cad79ea6f8fd0ef8.png

Also, Fun Fact, apparently GSkill TridentZ has blocked price history for their RAM on camelcamelcamel.com  Now it may just be an internal error, but every single Trident.Z product comes up as out of stock, and no history on the site.  They probably don't want people to know how bad they are being screwed.  I sure wish it would come down.  Those guys need to be in jail.

image.png.0d48bc75c5dad2d7b046377a60f3fa02.png

22 minutes ago, GizmoAT said:

Agree! Haha..

I've been checking camelcamelcamel.com looking for this price break that's supposed to be occuring.  Now that they're busted.  Nothing yet!

I was under the impression that the recent DRAM price fixing settlement was just that - a settlement with absolutely no stipulation to actually resolve the price fixing problem itself. I am not a lawyer though, but the way I understood it was "Hey, you there! Take $20 and be happy, because we're not required to reduce the price of RAM. This is a buyout, so you can just shut up and continue buying RAM at extremely marked-up prices, at least until some lawyers tell us otherwise."

The free market is only a good thing until it gets abused without any form of third party regulation. :( 

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Koodo - 75GB Data + Data Rollover for $45/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)