Looking for new compact mechanical keyboard

Looking to get a new mechanical keyboard for my setup. I currently have a Corsair K70 RGB mechanical keyboard and I think I've grown out of this whole RGB thing. Do you guys have any recommendations on a nice compact, non RGB, mechanical keyboard? (Preferably switches similar to MX Brown). 

In terms of price point I'm looking to stay under $150.

Thank everyone! :)

3 minutes ago, JonathanH said:

Looking to get a new mechanical keyboard for my setup. I currently have a Corsair K70 RGB mechanical keyboard and I think I've grown out of this whole RGB thing. Do you guys have any recommendations on a nice compact, non RGB, mechanical keyboard? (Preferably switches similar to MX Brown). 

In terms of price point I'm looking to stay under $150.

Thank everyone! :)

Pretty much all the modern gaming keyboards will have RGB but they do have software or a button to turn them off (as you probably already know) so my recommendation would be the G Pro from Logitech :D

poop

3 minutes ago, IdiotPenguin said:

Pretty much all the modern gaming keyboards will have RGB but they do have software or a button to turn them off (as you probably already know) so my recommendation would be the G Pro from Logitech :D

How do you like the Romer-G switches? I heard they were some kind of mechanical and membrane hybrid? Correct me if I'm wrong.

1 minute ago, JonathanH said:

How do you like the Romer-G switches? I heard they were some kind of mechanical and membrane hybrid? Correct me if I'm wrong.

Currently, I have the G910 Orion Spectrum or Spark from a few years back (whichever one is older it's that one) and I don't know if there has been any major changes in the Romer-G switches but from what I can see, (heads up, i'm not very good at describing things lol) they have a good amount of feedback (they're quite loud as well and I like the way they sound when I type super fast so you might want to try looking for another keyboard with a different switch if you don't like loud keys) but honestly i've never really used any other switches (switching to a k70 rapidfire soon) so I can't really tell you how they are compared to other switches but I'd say they're like a good mix between a good typing and gaming experience.

poop

15 minutes ago, JonathanH said:

I know that some more companies are following the hybrid concept. Razer is one of the companies, I personally haven't heard opinions about either and would honestly urge you to check them out with yotube videos and even the mechanical keyboard forum on the site. 

On 6/25/2018 at 6:28 PM, twistedapple89 said:

I know that some more companies are following the hybrid concept. Razer is one of the companies, I personally haven't heard opinions about either and would honestly urge you to check them out with yotube videos and even the mechanical keyboard forum on the site. 

Alright thanks for the input!

If you don't mind RGB being able to be switched off then the new Steelseries M750 TKL looks class, I'm currently trying to decide my self on my first mechanical keyboard and bought the tester. Red or Brown for me at the moment, but I've heard the QX2 series keys are like Brown or Red MX.

On 6/26/2018 at 1:13 AM, JonathanH said:

Topre is that hybrid:

https://deskthority.net/wiki/Topre_switch#Internal_components_.28Capacitive_switch.29

Romer-G is full "mechanical":

https://deskthority.net/wiki/Logitech_Romer-G

And instead of leaking light mostly everywhere but actual key cap markings illumination is well controlled:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wnTBfa0wNxY

While also non-linear there's clear difference to MX Brown.

MX Brown has ~1mm of looser light linear travel before tactile bump, but with Romer-G's shortened travel (1,5mm to actuation point) that bumb starts pretty much instantly.

After nearly five years with of MX Brown switched to Romer-G at winter.

At first it sure felt weird, but after fair week didn't notice that anymore.

How about the Anne Pro? It's RGB but you can turn it off. and 60% (really fucking small)

CPU: Core i9 12900K || CPU COOLER : Corsair H100i Pro XT || MOBO : ASUS Prime Z690 PLUS D4 || GPU: PowerColor RX 6800XT Red Dragon || RAM: 4x8GB Corsair Vengeance (3200) || SSDs: Samsung 970 Evo 250GB (Boot), Crucial P2 1TB, Crucial MX500 1TB (x2), Samsung 850 EVO 1TB || PSU: Corsair RM850 || CASE: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini || MONITOR: Acer Predator X34A (1440p 100hz), HP 27yh (1080p 60hz) || KEYBOARD: GameSir GK300 || MOUSE: Logitech G502 Hero || AUDIO: Bose QC35 II || CASE FANS : 2x Corsair ML140, 1x BeQuiet SilentWings 3 120 ||

LAPTOP: Dell XPS 15 7590

TABLET: iPad Pro

PHONE: Galaxy S9

She/they