Seagate Central

Hi, I have a seagate central 2Gb drive for which support has expired, I can still read the it from windows and play video files from it on my Samsung TV but cannot find any way to write new files to it, Anyone have any ideas or am I better off stripping the drive and using it as extra storage ?

It may be formatted in a way that whatever operating system you're using can't write to it, but it would be way more useful and reliable if you got a higher capacity flash drive. 2GB hard drives are super old, and even 80GB HDDs existed in 2002.

Edit: you meant 2TB... If there isn't any important data on it and you're fine with wiping it, you can probably reformat the drive to NTFS in Windows disk management.

Computer engineering grad student, machine learning researcher, and hobbyist embedded systems developer

Daily Driver:

CPU: Ryzen 7 4800H | GPU: RTX 2060 | RAM: 16GB DDR4 3200MHz C16

Gaming PC:

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600X | GPU: EVGA RTX 2080Ti | RAM: 32GB DDR4 3200MHz C16

Whoops, for gigabyte please read terabyte, must proof read my posts better! and it was working fine until recently on win 10 pro 64 bit, not sure if it's a windows update issue or the fact the support for this drive has now expired.

If the drive has lived it's life in a windows machine the entire time I wonder if it's a permissions related issue. Has your machine ever had multiple accounts on it? What if you enter the drives properties? Does it tell you you have write permissions or that it's owned by a user other than yourself?