RIP? - Bent CPU pins

Do you guys think this motherboard is savable? I can't tell if the pins are bent, broken in half or just not there. This is an Asrock z77 board.

S.jpg

3 minutes ago, SeifSpeed said:

Do you guys think this motherboard is savable? I can't tell if the pins are bent, broken in half or just not there. This is an Asrock z77 board.

S.jpg

if its new then you should  try RMAing it, but it definitely does NOT look new, in that case you can try repairing it: 

if it doesn't work, then yes, RIP

6 minutes ago, SeifSpeed said:

S.jpg

is the motherboard used? try contacting the seller if it is, it doesnt look too savable. also, if you do repair it, close the socket and put on the cover. and give it a nice clean cuz there is a ton of lint and dust on it, make sure the dust and lint doesnt get to the pins, if it does you might have problems

As far as I can tell the pins in question look physically in tact however some are bent quite a ways. So long as they're not too work hardened you should be able to bend them back but you do need to be extremely careful. These are delicate.

Edit:

Actually on the left-top side of the large center hole there's two mis-aligned pin next to each other. The pin on the right might actually be gone. If you're lucky it's just a GND or not critical sensor pin.

So long as you do this right and don't short anything it shouldn't hurt anything to plop the CPU in the socket and see if it works after you straiten the remaining pins. (advice to be taken with a grain of salt)

At least one pin is definitely completely broken.

Five others are seriously bent.

And then there are some mildly bent pins at various spots.

Like next to center right of that center area and few below that divider between different direction pins on upper left area.

The video suggested above is enough knowledge to know, though there isn't any, but just be careful and keep your hand steady, and if your hand can't handle the sensitivity, then tell someone to do it for you, and if they aren't into PCs, just show them the picture of an LGA motherboard from different angles, so that they can understand the directions and alignment.

Also, the motherboard is quite old and new CPUs for good benchmark values aren't going to support the chipset for long, so

If there are bent pins, give it a really steady hand,

If there are broken pins, then, as mentioned above try your luck and again a steady hand,

If there are too many damaged/bent pins and more than one broken, then i don't think luck is on your side, cause then you probably are missing a critical pin, and now just put on the Socket cover and cross your fingers, that the seller responds to a warranty (if any), or else, don't throw away the motherboard, and you probably won't if you are a true PC enthusiast.(I mean i got two Pentium 4 and a Pentium 3 motherboard)

Had an issue with mine. Bent back what I could. One pin fell out. I assume it somehow controls most of the ram. As I only have 1 slot I can use and somehow cpu usage seems a bit higher. It does work now thought. 

Used elctricronic magnification and a needle. 

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz