Computer powers on but no display

codeshadow

I just got a new motherboard and processor. Ryzen 5 2600x and rog Strix x470 f gaming. Cpu fan spinning but no display. There are 2 led indicators. Red under sb power and green next to dram,cpu,vga,boot

20180624_201141.jpg

20180624_201044.jpg

can u attach a clearer photo of the green?

Spoiler

CPU: 5800x

GPU: 1070ti

HDD: Seagate 3TB
SSD: 1TB WD NVME

RAM: 32GB ddr4 3200

HEADPHONES: DT990 pro 250ohm limited edition black

MONITER: BenQ xl2536

CASE: s340 elite hyperbeast

KEYBOARD: nk87- zilent switches

MOUSE: G403 Hero

The orange led is fine, that is just standby power telling you that there is power to the board. The green led is to tell you that there is a boot error.

image.png.1cf9e79c2db857e05a69bc65bb4bb02b.png

Unplug your power cord first then unplug all sata devices first and see if it boots up.

12 minutes ago, Rainbow Dash said:

The orange led is fine, that is just standby power telling you that there is power to the board. The green led is to tell you that there is a boot error.

Unplug your power cord first then unplug all sata devices first and see if it boots up.

I unplugged all sata devices now bios popped up. What am I suppose to do?

20180624_203452.jpg

6 minutes ago, codeshadow said:

I unplugged all sata devices now bios popped up. What am I suppose to do?

Well now you know everything else is working aside from the sata. Alrighty, so go into the Advanced>SATA Configuration. Make sure SATA mode is ACHI.

5 minutes ago, Rainbow Dash said:

Well now you know everything else is working aside from the sata. Alrighty, so go into the Advanced>SATA Configuration. Make sure SATA mode is ACHI.

It's already set to ahci :(

3 minutes ago, codeshadow said:

It's already set to ahci :(

Alrighty, Go to Boot, set Fast Boot to [Disable], in the same tab, go to CSM, make sure that Launch CSM is [Auto], Boot Device Control is [UEFI and Legacy OPROM] and then hit F10 save and turn off the pc, unplug psu and plug the sata plugs back in. See if that works.

If that does not work, try going back into bios and to the Advanced tab and set SMART Self Test to [Off], plug in your drive and see if it boots. If it does boot, that means your drive is about to fail and you should either get a warranty replacement or get a new drive and transfer Windows over to the new drive.

18 minutes ago, Rainbow Dash said:

Alrighty, Go to Boot, set Fast Boot to [Disable], in the same tab, go to CSM, make sure that Launch CSM is [Auto], Boot Device Control is [UEFI and Legacy OPROM] and then hit F10 save and turn off the pc, unplug psu and plug the sata plugs back in. See if that works.

Ok so there is windows uefi mode in "other OS" option should I turn that on since i see no "boot device control option"? And I cant find the legacy option. Also the ssd was running fine before I placed new motherboard and processor 

It's working booted from my ssd. You are a life saver. +rep now hopefully I can connect my 2 other hard drive for games without any issue. 

1 hour ago, codeshadow said:

It's working booted from my ssd. You are a life saver. +rep now hopefully I can connect my 2 other hard drive for games without any issue. 

No problem, glad to help.