Should i wait a bit before building a new pc.

Yuicide

So the gpu prices in my country are these atm:
gtx 1050ti - 160-180 euros
gtx 1060 3gb - 220-250 euros
gtx 1060 6gb - 300- 330 euros
gtx 1070 - around 400-420 euros
The prices of amd gpus are even worse. Should i wait a bit before building a pc so the prices could be a little normal and also is there any information when the new series of nvidia gpus are out?

IMO there's no point waiting, if you want a new gpu, get it. If you can wait, then wait. the new nvidia gpus are comming q3-4 2018. If any thing gpu prices will go up.

• CPU
    I5-8400
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte B360 ds3h
  • RAM
    2*8gb Vengence 2400 ddr4
  • GPU
    ASUS gtx 1060
  • Case
    Fractal define c mini windowed
  • Storage
    1tb WD blue and 240gb sandisk ssd
  • PSU
    550w bronze corsair cxm (grey)
  • Operating System
    windows 10

I doubt nvidia will release new gpus this year, maybe they will be announced but i don't think so, if they were releasing new gpus q3-q4 they would've been announced by now, nvidia doesn't just announce a card and have it in stores the same week at this point its almost too late. Id suggest getting a cheaper card for the time being and if new ones are announced then upgrade.

Yeah I'll retire my old weak rx 470's and buy 1060s or 70 now knowing new cards are coming and I prefer a new card that makes sence guys... Not 

If your thinking you want a 30 or 50 then yeah get it but I wouldn't recommend buying a 70 if now knowing new cards are coming. Use what you have and wait. But if your considering low end cards now then do it now. You can build a pc and not get a new gpu so build now (i did and kept my old cards till new are coming) some igpu are decent too to hold you over or just use current card you have. But yeah why not build now? 

Firestrike 
i7-8700k @5.0GHz w/ 1.30v, Corsair h100iv2, Gigabye Aorus gaming 7, 16GB(8x2) 2666MHz ddr4, Dual RX470's OC'd to 1390mhz(atm) in corssfire - liguid cooled with corsair h60's, 3.25 TB in Samsung SSD's, anidees white crystal cube case 

Retired:
i5-4440k @3.2GHz, gigabyte ga-z87x-ud5h z87, 24GB DDR3, 3x1TB Seagate Baracuda HDD.

8 minutes ago, O9B0666 said:

Yeah I'll retire my old weak rx 470's and buy 1060s or 70 now knowing new cards are coming and I prefer a new card that makes sence guys... Not 

If your thinking you want a 30 or 50 then yeah get it but I wouldn't recommend buying a 70 if now knowing new cards are coming. Use what you have and wait. But if your considering low end cards now then do it now. You can build a pc and not get a new gpu so build now (i did and kept my old cards till new are coming) some igpu are decent too to hold you over or just use current card you have. But yeah why not build now? 

Well my current gpu is r7 250 1gb with anthlon x4 840 cpu. Should i upgrade to gtx 1050 so i can at least maybe play newer games at 720p? Cause with setup i have right now i can kinda play games up until 2015-2016 on 720p with lowest settings possible at 30-40fps.

21 minutes ago, Church1540 said:

I doubt nvidia will release new gpus this year, maybe they will be announced but i don't think so, if they were releasing new gpus q3-q4 they would've been announced by now, nvidia doesn't just announce a card and have it in stores the same week at this point its almost too late. Id suggest getting a cheaper card for the time being and if new ones are announced then upgrade.

Well my current gpu is r7 250 1gb with anthlon x4 840 cpu. Should i upgrade to gtx 1050 so i can at least maybe play newer games at 720p? Cause with setup i have right now i can kinda play games up until 2015-2016 on 720p with lowest settings possible at 30-40fps.

I feel your pain.... Well I'd upgrade the pc and see what the igpu can do for gaming..... Some are comparable to gtx 1030 s... I'd do that and see what happens at the end of July. But if your not planning to buy a top tier card upon release anyways just get what you want now no reason to wait. 

I'm no pro here but if you want a high end card then waiting for the GPU might be smart. Come July 30th no announcement well get whatever then but a 30 day wait isn't much now considering what your system is and how long you've used it. 

Firestrike 
i7-8700k @5.0GHz w/ 1.30v, Corsair h100iv2, Gigabye Aorus gaming 7, 16GB(8x2) 2666MHz ddr4, Dual RX470's OC'd to 1390mhz(atm) in corssfire - liguid cooled with corsair h60's, 3.25 TB in Samsung SSD's, anidees white crystal cube case 

Retired:
i5-4440k @3.2GHz, gigabyte ga-z87x-ud5h z87, 24GB DDR3, 3x1TB Seagate Baracuda HDD.

I was in the same conundrum as you Yuicide. However, after almost asking a plethora of people it seems like the new cards are going to be hard to get a hold off and the prices are going to be very expensive. The older cards will become a tad cheaper, but the demand will increase because miners might jump on it too (not just gamers or regular users). In this case, I decided to order my Strix 1080ti it's still going out of stock (amazon & new egg). 

MFP (My First PC) - Mobo: MSI - X470 GAMING PRO CARBON | CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600 X | RAM: Team T-Force Vulcan 16 GB 3000 | STORAGE: Crucial MX500 M.2 500 GB | GPU: GTX 1080 | CASE: Fractal Design Meshify C | FANS: 3 extra Noctura NF-F12 PWM 120mm | PSU: EVGA 750 W Semi-Modular 
MFL (My First Laptop) - 15 inch Mac Book Pro w/ Touch Bar 
OD (Old Desktop) - 5k iMac 27 inch