HDD transfer stops

I have come across an error lately. whenever i am coping file/files from HDD to another HDD the transfer opens at good speeds (150mbps) but in a while (10mins) it drops to 170 to 50kpbs and then gradually to 0 kbps and stalls At times the HDD receiving the DATA goes off, no trace of it in the OS until a restart. what could be the issue ?

I have updated my BIOS to the latest version but still no progress.

I currently have 1 SSD 240 GB (OS drive) and 2 x1TB HDD for DATA.

Motherboard - Gigabyte GA Z170M - D3H | CPU - intel core i7 6700k | CPU Cooler - Cooler Master Hyper 212 cooler | RAM - 32gb Kingston HyperX 2666 (8x4) | Graphics - Nvidia gtx 1060 6gb (Gigabyte) | PSU - Cooler Master B700W PSU | SSD 1 - 120GB Kingston 100 UV SSD (simple storage) | SSD 2 - 240GB kingston 400 UV SSD (OS & programs installed) | Cabinet - Corsair Spec 1 | OS - Windows 10 home Single Language 64bit

:) If I helped, hit the thumbs up icon below my post and pick it as 'Best Answer:ph34r:

Try downloading crystaldiskinfo and see if it reports any errors on the drives. If it says its fine, try copying stuff and monitor the temperature of the hdd. Diskinfo updates every 10min, but you can update by pressing f5 or change the update speed in the top menus. Something like hwmonitor can also monitor hdd temperatures, and updates quickly by default.

You can also use crystaldiskmark to run a speed test on the drive.