Does single channel cause stutter?

Go to solution Solved by Crunchy Dragon,
1 minute ago, Yoolooooo122 said:

so the 7768MB isn't any issue. So overall, my cpu is the main problem? @Crunchy Dragon

Yes, your CPU isn't exactly the most powerful or recommended for games like what you're describing.

My system specs : 

Motherboard: Gigabyte B250 Gaming 3

Cpu : g4560

GPU - 1050ti

Ram : 8gb (8x1) 2133Mhz

Storage : Western Digital 1TB

For some reason my gameplay tends to stutter. Mostly AAA titles like GTA V, ROTTR, etc. I wanna know if single channel is causing the stutter? Or is it my cpu? 

4 minutes ago, Yoolooooo122 said:

My system specs : 

Motherboard: Gigabyte B250 Gaming 3

Cpu : g4560

GPU - 1050ti

Ram : 8gb (8x1) 2133Mhz

Storage : Western Digital 1TB

For some reason my gameplay tends to stutter. Mostly AAA titles like GTA V, ROTTR, etc. I wanna know if single channel is causing the stutter? Or is it my cpu? 

I have heard of stutter from single channel in Overwatch specifically.  Can't say about the other games.

2 minutes ago, M.Yurizaki said:

I'd argue the stuttering is most likely the games taxing the CPU more so than the RAM being at fault. Check to make sure the CPU isn't pegged at a high utilization (like 80%+)

The cpu is constantly at 100% usage while my gpu is 60% somewhere around that but definitely not 100% usage. Is that bad? M

The cpu is constantly at 100% usage while my gpu is 60% somewhere around that but definitely not 100% usage. Is that bad? M

Yes. That means if the game gets busier, the CPU can't keep up with it and so it can't give the GPU render commands at the rate it did.

1 minute ago, M.Yurizaki said:

Yes. That means if the game gets busier, the CPU can't keep up with it and so it can't give the GPU render commands at the rate it did.

So the cpu is apparently the problem and not the single channel? Would upgrading to an i5 7500 help?

3 minutes ago, Yoolooooo122 said:

So the cpu is apparently the problem and not the single channel? Would upgrading to an i5 7500 help?

Yes.  But the single channel RAM can also cause stuttering in some games, even with an I5.

Just now, TheGlenlivet said:

Yes.  But the single channel RAM can also cause stuttering in some games, even with an I5.

I'll try to upgrade the cpu first. If I still encounter stuttering I know that the ram is to be blamed.

i would advise you to not invest into an 4 core if you can, as it will become the bottleneck really soon, i have an oced 4690k and its already a problem in some games like forza, gta v ...

This isn't Tech News. The thread was moved to the Troubleshooting section.

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

Your problem here is the CPU.

I would look at upgrading to a Core i5-7500 or i7-7700(if you can afford one).

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

25 minutes ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

Your problem here is the CPU.

I would look at upgrading to a Core i5-7500 or i7-7700(if you can afford one).

but my ram usage i noticed goes up to 7768MB @Crunchy Dragon i checked it with msi afterburner. Not only was it suttery but my fps was quite low than what i was supossed to get 

here, check my video : https://www.dropbox.com/s/8s4p5cgpsau630u/Grand Theft Auto V 2018.06.23 - 03.52.57.04.mp4?dl=0

4 minutes ago, Yoolooooo122 said:

but my ram usage i noticed goes up to 7768MB @Crunchy Dragon i checked it with msi afterburner 

here, check my video : https://www.dropbox.com/s/8s4p5cgpsau630u/Grand Theft Auto V 2018.06.23 - 03.52.57.04.mp4?dl=0

That's most likely just because you have 8Gb of RAM.

In this day and age, 8Gb is really good for budget 1080p gaming if you're fine not running much else than the game itself.

When I run Fortnite or PUBG on my system(also 8Gb RAM), my RAM usage goes up really high as well. If I had 16Gb for example, my RAM usage wouldn't be as high, maybe it would go up to 60%.

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

3 minutes ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

That's most likely just because you have 8Gb of RAM.

In this day and age, 8Gb is really good for budget 1080p gaming if you're fine not running much else than the game itself.

When I run Fortnite or PUBG on my system(also 8Gb RAM), my RAM usage goes up really high as well. If I had 16Gb for example, my RAM usage wouldn't be as high, maybe it would go up to 60%.

so the 7768MB isn't any issue. So overall, my cpu is the main problem? @Crunchy Dragon

Yes, your CPU isn't exactly the most powerful or recommended for games like what you're describing.

1 minute ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR HELPING MY PROBLEM. I was really stressed out trying to figure out which one the problem was. Ram or CPU. I thought because my ram usage was 7786MB, that's what caused the stuttering. It was the cpu all along! Thank youuuuu @Crunchy Dragon