My custom loop, Everything compatible?

So I'm just about to buy my first custom watercooling loop, and these are the components I have in my system and the components I will cool them with

A i7 4770k-koolance 380i

GTX 660-EK-FC670 GTX DCII

And I will be removing the heat with two 280mm rads, one xt45 and one st30 both alphacool nexxxos's.

A phobya 150 balancer, and a mcp655 from swiftech.

This will all be running in a 750d from corsair. So my question is, is this an optimal setup, or is there something I should improve?

Best regards

Alexander

You forgot to list fans fittings and tubing.

Feel free to PM for any water-cooling questions. Check out my profile for more ways to contact me.

Add me to your circles on Google+ here or you can follow me on twitter @deadfire19.

primoflex advanced lrt 3/8 5/8 nf a14's and xspc 3/8 5/8 compression fittings

But i think im going to go for a yop 360mm st30 with nf f12 instead, or what do you think?

But i think im going to go for a yop 360mm st30 with nf f12 instead, or what do you think?

The 360 will be better.

Feel free to PM for any water-cooling questions. Check out my profile for more ways to contact me.

Add me to your circles on Google+ here or you can follow me on twitter @deadfire19.

The 360 will be better.

Ok thanks. So everything is compatible and should be just fine?

Ok thanks. So everything is compatible and should be just fine?

As long as you get enough fittings then yes.

So I'm just about to buy my first custom watercooling loop, and these are the components I have in my system and the components I will cool them with

A i7 4770k-koolance 380i

GTX 660-EK-FC670 GTX DCII

And I will be removing the heat with two 280mm rads, one xt45 and one st30 both alphacool nexxxos's.

A phobya 150 balancer, and a mcp655 from swiftech.

This will all be running in a 750d from corsair. So my question is, is this an optimal setup, or is there something I should improve?

Best regards

Alexander

you can fair pretty well on the single XT45 360 for a single CPU/GPU loop. your fans

might be a little louder than you'd like, but can be done with acceptable overclocks.

adding the 240/280 to the front intake might be challenging as the air-flow from that

arrangement is lacking and can create some new cooling issues that were unknown.

if using a second radiator, i'd suggest using the 240 mount in the floor for less

restriction and better cooling.

another possibility would be a XT45 240/280 roof and UT60/XT45 240 in the floor

could easily keep your rig cool and quiet, but miles of tubing could be an aesthetic

problem. and all can be done with a single set of fans, push/pull not necessary.

you can fair pretty well on the single XT45 360 for a single CPU/GPU loop. your fans

might be a little louder than you'd like, but can be done with acceptable overclocks.

adding the 240/280 to the front intake might be challenging as the air-flow from that

arrangement is lacking and can create some new cooling issues that were unknown.

if using a second radiator, i'd suggest using the 240 mount in the floor for less

restriction and better cooling.

another possibility would be a XT45 240/280 roof and UT60/XT45 240 in the floor

could easily keep your rig cool and quiet, but miles of tubing could be an aesthetic

problem. and all can be done with a single set of fans, push/pull not necessary.

Yeah, I'm still sticking to the 280 front and 360 top front with nf a14s and top with nf f12's, and if this is not enough, I'll add a 120 to the back, I can't add the bottom one because I really need the drive mounts. So what do you think about the xt 45 280 front and st30 360 top with nf f12 and nf a14. I will be running the fans at 1200 or 1500

I've done loads of research and I get so many different answers...Some say that you need a 120 per component, and some say 240 per component? I'm just getting so many different answers, I would really apreciate a very solid answer, if these will be enough to watercool my cpu and gpu

In the 750D you should put an XT45 in the roof and a UT6O 240mm or 280mm depending on what fans you use. Youll be sry uou didnt take advantage if the space. For coolant I would say distilled water and some biocide is best. For fans the NF F12s are really great.

I just did a loop in a 750D 3 days ago

Yeah, I'm still sticking to the 280 front and 360 top front with nf a14s and top with nf f12's, and if this is not enough, I'll add a 120 to the back, I can't add the bottom one because I really need the drive mounts. So what do you think about the xt 45 280 front and st30 360 top with nf f12 and nf a14. I will be running the fans at 1200 or 1500

I've done loads of research and I get so many different answers...Some say that you need a 120 per component, and some say 240 per component? I'm just getting so many different answers, I would really apreciate a very solid answer, if these will be enough to watercool my cpu and gpu

from my experience, research and information is not law.

as to the formula on what makes water cooling efficient. there is not one, just generality.

from my experiences MartinLiquidLab.org has pretty much got a lot of the information

from testing and pretty reliable. so there is not a definitive answer. too many variables.

with the ST30 360 and XT45 280, you might have to dial in more fan or less overclock.

from my experience, research and information is not law.

as to the formula on what makes water cooling efficient. there is not one, just generality.

from my experiences MartinLiquidLab.org has pretty much got a lot of the information

from testing and pretty reliable. so there is not a definitive answer. too many variables.

with the ST30 360 and XT45 280, you might have to dial in more fan or less overclock.

im going for a 4.5 ghz overclock. Will that setup handle it?

What if I add a 120 xt45 rear?

And run it in push pull or just pull?

In the 750D you should put an XT45 in the roof and a UT6O 240mm or 280mm depending on what fans you use. Youll be sry uou didnt take advantage if the space. For coolant I would say distilled water and some biocide is best. For fans the NF F12s are really great.I just did a loop in a 750D 3 days ago

Yeah but will tre xt45 fit in the top if I have a disk drive in the bottom bay? With nf f12

Yeah but will tre xt45 fit in the top if I have a disk drive in the bottom bay? With nf f12

Yep. Just make sure the rad is positioned so the tubing goes in at the back of the case. It takes up about 1 1/2 of a bay so you should be fine.

I used the same fans and rad

The 360 in the top and 60mm thick 240mm in the fron keeps my 780 below 40C at all times and cpu below 40C with a 4.2 GHz oc. The fans are silent at 700 rpm getting to 900 at peak. I did a build log yesterday on this forum if you want to see.

Yep. Just make sure the rad is positioned so the tubing goes in at the back of the case. It takes up about 1 1/2 of a bay so you should be fine.I used the same fans and radThe 360 in the top and 60mm thick 240mm in the fron keeps my 780 below 40C at all times and cpu below 40C with a 4.2 GHz oc. The fans are silent at 700 rpm getting to 900 at peak. I did a build log yesterday on this forum if you want to see.

Ok, thanks! I've ordered a back 120 xt45, front 280 xt45 and top 360 xt45 all with noctua nf f12s and nf a14s :)

Ok, thanks! I've ordered a back 120 xt45, front 280 xt45 and top 360 xt45 all with noctua nf f12s and nf a14s :)

Awesome! The back rad might make a tight fit for the tubing and fittings. Just make sure you get some 90 and 45 degree adapters. And I just measured my rad clearance in the drive bays. With a 90 degree adapter you should easily be able to mount the rad so the tubing goes into the bays area even with the drive.

Awesome! The back rad might make a tight fit for the tubing and fittings. Just make sure you get some 90 and 45 degree adapters. And I just measured my rad clearance in the drive bays. With a 90 degree adapter you should easily be able to mount the rad so the tubing goes into the bays area even with the drive.

Ok, I will! Thanks for the help man! But do you think that I will be able to get to the fittings from the back in the 360 or will i have to position the fittings by the disk drive bays?

Ok, I will! Thanks for the help man! But do you think that I will be able to get to the fittings from the back in the 360 or will i have to position the fittings by the disk drive bays?

From the looks of it a 90 degree adapter should work either way.

From the looks of it a 90 degree adapter should work either way.

Ok, thanks again for the help!