Camcorder and mic under 1000€

Hi guys! I am looking for a friend of mine at a camcorder. The budget is up to 1000€ but the original was 500€ so I would like to make her spend the least but I want a good definition.

Her needs would be a camcorder + a mic to record classical music (both within the price range). The camcorder has to perform in low light conditions (at least that what I suppose), since most of the time the concert halls are dark and only the stage is illuminated (pls correct me if I am wrong). She doe NOT need, in my opinion, a 4k camera since most of the screens are 1080p and the amount of  data that would be stored and also because she does not have a pc good enough to process all the data and edit them.

I was thinking about the Panasonic HC-V770 but I saw also the Panasonic HC-V800 that is close also as a price point, but I was not able to find a real comparison. Do any of you have a suggestion between those two or other better options?

About the mic, I still have to research but I was thinking about a Rode as a brand but I do not know anything and it would be cool if you could help me. The most important thing about the mic is that it must NOT boost only 1 frequency, so a so called "flat curve" (?) it must be clear.

Since she has to go around with it, would be good also a portable option!

Thanks to everyone!

p.s. dslr are out of questions cause she has to record for more than 30 mins at a time, and she does not want to hack it.

3 hours ago, Dylan94 said:

Hi guys! I am looking for a friend of mine at a camcorder. The budget is up to 1000€ but the original was 500€ so I would like to make her spend the least but I want a good definition.

Her needs would be a camcorder + a mic to record classical music (both within the price range). The camcorder has to perform in low light conditions (at least that what I suppose), since most of the time the concert halls are dark and only the stage is illuminated (pls correct me if I am wrong). She doe NOT need, in my opinion, a 4k camera since most of the screens are 1080p and the amount of  data that would be stored and also because she does not have a pc good enough to process all the data and edit them.

I was thinking about the Panasonic HC-V770 but I saw also the Panasonic HC-V800 that is close also as a price point, but I was not able to find a real comparison. Do any of you have a suggestion between those two or other better options?

About the mic, I still have to research but I was thinking about a Rode as a brand but I do not know anything and it would be cool if you could help me. The most important thing about the mic is that it must NOT boost only 1 frequency, so a so called "flat curve" (?) it must be clear.

Since she has to go around with it, would be good also a portable option!

Thanks to everyone!

p.s. dslr are out of questions cause she has to record for more than 30 mins at a time, and she does not want to hack it.

the panasonic cameras you find are ok but they cant mount external mics. if she dont use camera all the time maybe she can rent a good one or buy a used professional camcorder.  for the mic she can get a Rode NTG1 or shotgun camera mount mic from Sony or Sennheiser

yeah what would i know about cameras or cinematography compared to you tech people.  i've only done this work for nearly 20 years, won a few awards, worked in over a dozen different countries and a few multi million dollar projects

thanks! I think she wants to own it and she is quite stubborn about buying it new.... cause of the warranty. About the mic what do you mean? they have an jack with "mic" written. Does it not work ??

Thanks for the mic suggestion! I will look at it!

1 hour ago, Dylan94 said:

thanks! I think she wants to own it and she is quite stubborn about buying it new.... cause of the warranty. About the mic what do you mean? they have an jack with "mic" written. Does it not work ??

Thanks for the mic suggestion! I will look at it!

yes some camcorders have a small 2.8mm port for connecting a microphone but do not have easy way to mount the mic to the camera. if she want brand new camera ask if she can have more budget to buy a camera like this or better

https://cvp.com/product/canon_2218c005aa_xa11_camcorder/department/video

or this camera I recommend

https://cvp.com/product/sony_hxr-nx100/department/video

a camera like this will be better then using a small camcorder to film

yeah what would i know about cameras or cinematography compared to you tech people.  i've only done this work for nearly 20 years, won a few awards, worked in over a dozen different countries and a few multi million dollar projects

Does it have to be a camcorder? If not, what about the Panasonic Lumix DMC-G7/G70? While I think its low-light performance isn't one of its strengths, from what I've heard so far, it's got a great price-to-performance value... :P

Make sure to tag and/or quote people so they get notified... :P:D 

My gear:

Ryzen 7 2700X / Gigabyte GA-X370M-Gaming 3 / R9 380 Nitro 4GB/ 16GB DDR4 2133 / 225GB OCZ Trion 100 / 3TB of hard drive storage
                                                                                                     AOC C24G1 / BenQ GW2270H(rarely overclocked to 87Hz :P )
                                                                               Razer Blackwidow / Redragon Kumara / Logitech G Pro Wiress / Sennheiser HD 559

Microsoft LifeCam Studio / Tonor BM700 microphone

Panasonic Lumix DC-FZ82 / Canon EOS 80D

#PCMasterrace