New Partitions Appearing after Clean Install of Windows 10

TopHatProductions115

After re-installing Windows 10 v1803 onto my laptop (#ShouldaHadaV8 #ShouldaStuckToWindows7), I found that there were more partitions than what I previously had with 1709. I was wondering if any of them are old recovery partitions, and have labeled the one that I am suspicious of. However, I have not removed any of them yet. Screenshots:

Desktop_screenshot_0.png.5a6edc7ba2167ea31e36fa378b3a1e8e.png

Desktop_screenshot_1.png.52bed83b772f6ac68646ba2bf495897e.png

Any thoughts?

9 minutes ago, HarryNyquist said:

It says NTFS and you have it mapped to a drive letter. What's in it?

I mapped it to a different letter because I kinda needed C:/ to be my main drive, and D:/ to be my optical drive. Tried rebooting the machine to test whether I had broken anything be reassigning the drive letters - and everything was okay. It appears to be empty - except for a few hidden directories. One does say Recovery, so...

5b2958ea03195_Desktopscreenshot.png.5b05191d8bd83e4dd707dfacc70a0d8c.png

The size of it compared to the "OEM Recovery" partition makes me think it's your old recovery partition, from the older windows install.

Did you cleanly install the new version of windows?

1 minute ago, HarryNyquist said:

The size of it compared to the "OEM Recovery" partition makes me think it's your old recovery partition, from the older windows install.

Did you cleanly install the new version of windows?

I booted into the Advanced Options menu, Reset This PC, Remove Everything. But, it looks as though it didn't remove everything - seeing that my files persisted after the initial reset (Windows.old).

4 hours ago, DropletHosting said:

Sometimes the best way to wipe the hard drive(s) is whilst installing the OS. I'm sure there are other ways but this is how i've done it in the workplace. Here is a quick walkthrough I found:

http://smallbusiness.chron.com/wipe-hard-drive-clean-reinstall-windows-54129.html

I would, but I may lose my data this time. I actually detailed this reset in my recent Status Updates - it was a miracle that I could even get the laptop to do the reset at all. If I could, I would totally go for installing a custom recovery image to all of my machines before doing any real changes at this point (like a second reset).