Cpu Speed fluctuating?

Tmh85

So I look at CPU Z and it says my 8320 is only at 1406 Mhz (1.4 Ghz) and it sometimes fluctuates to 3 ghz 2 ghz and so on

Is this normal?

Hope I could help!

Specs: CPU: AMD FX-8320 @4.0ghz GPU: ASUS DCUII GTX 770 PSU: EVGA Supernova 750g CASE: Fractal Define R4 RAM: 8 Gigabytes ADATA 1333 Mhz MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3

Go in to the bios and change the C states and cool& quiet to off. Those options let your cpu turn it self down to save power.

Yes it is normal. Yes you want to leave it on. It saves on heat and power and switches more than fast enough. The only reason you would ever want to turn it off is if you are doing some very extreme overclocking and that feature could cause instability in such cases. But under normal use leave it alone.

My rig: 2600k(4.2 GHz) w/ Cooler Master hyper 212+, Gigabyte Z68-UD3H-B3, Powercolor 7870 xt(1100/1500) w/AIO mod,

8GB DDR3 1600, 120GB Kingston HyperX 3K SSD, 1TB Seagate, Antec earthwatts 430, NZXT H2

Verified max overclock, just for kicks: http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=2609399