does bigger screen require more graphics power?

rlcastro
Go to solution Solved by nsyedhasan,

Nope, more resolution needs more power.

I'm currently using a 30"+ tv at 1080p and i'm planning to buy a 50" tv at 1080p. Will this make my graphics card work harder or is it just the same because it has the same resoulution?

Still the same amount of pixels between the two, but they will be bigger on the 50". Bigger pixels = bad.

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

Same resolution so same fps plus or minus 1-5 frames.

Not even that, it is still the same resolution just spread across a larger area.

Quote me to get a reply!

will it look so bad with the bigger screen?

An extra 20" is significant. If you plan on sitting the same distance away, then yes. How far are you sitting?

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

Yes, because all the pixels will be bigger so you can see it easier. This make things look more pixelated.

Quote me to get a reply!

oh ok. around 5-10 ft. well anyway thanks.

oh ok. around 5-10 ft. well anyway thanks.

Just out of curiosity; why are you getting a bigger tv?

Why no game on monitor?

"When in doubt, don't take your wallet out." - Dad

† TTCF Member †

Theorically no but i wonder if i'll have to apply more antialiasing that would require more horsepower

Just out of curiosity; why are you getting a bigger tv?

cause it's on sale?

Yes, because all the pixels will be bigger so you can see it easier. This make things look more pixel

just tried using our new 55" tv. It's actually not bad. looks better than the old tv

cause it's on sale?

Why the question mark? I'm simply curious. No need to get defensive. ;)

if you sit on the right distance of the screen you won't see the any changes i got a 60" tv and you have to sit 3m away from it just to see the whole screen.

the only power that go up is you electric power you will need because a tv uses alot more.