CM MasterLiquid Pro 120 or Corsair H80i V2?

I need a single 120mm AIO for my M-ITX Ryzen system, the "Project Carbon" listed on my signature and on a short notice i can only choose between these two, which one should i go with?

I'm not going to lie, i'm biased towards the CM since i've had numerous problems with Corsair products in the past.

Project Diesel 5.0: Motherboard: ASRock Fatal1ty X370 Professional Gaming /// CPU: Ryzen 5 3600X  /// CPU Cooler: Scythe Ninja 5 /// GPU: Zotac AMP Extreme RTX 2070 /// RAM: 2x 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V @3200mhz /// Chassis: Lian Li Lancool One Digital (black) /// PSU: Super Flower Leadex III 750w /// Storage: Inland Premium 1TB NVME + Toshiba X300 4TB

Peripherals: Mice: Cooler Master MM720 /// Keyboard: Corsair K70 MK2 SE (Cherry Silver), Blitzwolf BW-KB1 (Gateron Reds) /// Monitor: Acer XZ320Q 32' (VA, 1080p @240hz) /// AMP: Topping PA3 (Onkyo Integra A-817XD undergoing restoration) /// DAC: Weiliang SU5 /// Speakers: AAT BSF-100 /// Mike: Alctron CS35U /// Headphones: Blon B8, ISK MDH-9000

Living room: TV: Samsung QLED Q7FN 55' 4k /// Amplifier: Denon AVR-X2400H /// Speakers: DALI Zensor 7 /// Consoles: Sony PS4 Pro 1TB, Sony PS3 500gb /// LD/CD/DVD: Pioneer DVL-909 /// Power Supplies: Upsai ACF-2100T + GR Savage CDR2200EX

8 minutes ago, Chevy_Monsenhor said:

I need a single 120mm AIO for my M-ITX Ryzen system, the "Project Carbon" listed on my signature and on a short notice i can only choose between these two, which one should i go with?

I'm not going to lie, i'm biased towards the CM since i've had numerous problems with Corsair products in the past.

Doesn't the Stacker have side vents? Should be able to mount a 240 or even a 360 in there

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

1 minute ago, Streetguru said:

Doesn't the Stacker have side vents? Should be able to mount a 240 or even a 360 in there

It does, but they dont count if you have actual hardware there, only one 120mm spot is free of interference, the other two 120mm spots are blocked by the PSU and hard drive cage

Project Diesel 5.0: Motherboard: ASRock Fatal1ty X370 Professional Gaming /// CPU: Ryzen 5 3600X  /// CPU Cooler: Scythe Ninja 5 /// GPU: Zotac AMP Extreme RTX 2070 /// RAM: 2x 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V @3200mhz /// Chassis: Lian Li Lancool One Digital (black) /// PSU: Super Flower Leadex III 750w /// Storage: Inland Premium 1TB NVME + Toshiba X300 4TB

Peripherals: Mice: Cooler Master MM720 /// Keyboard: Corsair K70 MK2 SE (Cherry Silver), Blitzwolf BW-KB1 (Gateron Reds) /// Monitor: Acer XZ320Q 32' (VA, 1080p @240hz) /// AMP: Topping PA3 (Onkyo Integra A-817XD undergoing restoration) /// DAC: Weiliang SU5 /// Speakers: AAT BSF-100 /// Mike: Alctron CS35U /// Headphones: Blon B8, ISK MDH-9000

Living room: TV: Samsung QLED Q7FN 55' 4k /// Amplifier: Denon AVR-X2400H /// Speakers: DALI Zensor 7 /// Consoles: Sony PS4 Pro 1TB, Sony PS3 500gb /// LD/CD/DVD: Pioneer DVL-909 /// Power Supplies: Upsai ACF-2100T + GR Savage CDR2200EX

25 minutes ago, Chevy_Monsenhor said:

It does, but they dont count if you have actual hardware there, only one 120mm spot is free of interference, the other two 120mm spots are blocked by the PSU and hard drive cage

Aren't the hard drive cages removable?

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

2 minutes ago, Streetguru said:

Aren't the hard drive cages removable?

Yes, but i need it, i have 2 HDDs and an SSD on this case.

I gues i *could* use my Akasa Duodock to use the HDDs, but i also need the 5.25 that is also in the way. Part of the reason i chose the case was hard drive support.

9 minutes ago, Chevy_Monsenhor said:

Yes, but i need it, i have 2 HDDs and an SSD on this case.

I gues i *could* use my Akasa Duodock to use the HDDs, but i also need the 5.25 that is also in the way. Part of the reason i chose the case was hard drive support.

Well does it take taller tower coolers? Because 120mm AIOs ain't much better than a Hyper T4 or Cryorig cooler

Spoiler

1 minute ago, Streetguru said:

Well does it take taller tower coolers? Because 120mm AIOs ain't much better than a Hyper T4 or Cryorig cooler

Nothing taller than 80mm, unfortunately, this is how the Wraith Spire looks like inside it: 

IMG_0956.thumb.JPG.9e130ed023fc1ab33f765dfd5661fe51.JPG

7 minutes ago, Chevy_Monsenhor said:

Probably want to look for an extra thick 120mm maybe...

Otherwise this Enermax one has 2 fans at $62, not that it really makes a big difference. Most of them are going to perform about the same anyways.

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=2AM-003A-00001

Spoiler

9 minutes ago, Streetguru said:

Probably want to look for an extra thick 120mm maybe...

Otherwise this Enermax one has 2 fans at $62, not that it really makes a big difference. Most of them are going to perform about the same anyways.

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=2AM-003A-00001

Yeah, unfortunately i have to choose between those two since i'm in Brazil and i would have to pay more than US$100 in import duty fees on the Enermax one.

I also took a look at the Arctic Liquid Freezer 120 which shares the same Asetek platform with the H80i V2, but i couldn't find that one either

16 minutes ago, Chevy_Monsenhor said:

Yeah, unfortunately i have to choose between those two since i'm in Brazil and i would have to pay more than US$100 in import duty fees on the Enermax one.

I also took a look at the Arctic Liquid Freezer 120 which shares the same Asetek platform with the H80i V2, but i couldn't find that one either

Then probably just go for the corsair model, the CM one has questionable construction.

Spoiler

2 minutes ago, Streetguru said:

Then probably just go for the corsair model, the CM one has questionable construction.

Yeah, i don't know on what base CM builds those coolers, but they look a bit shady. From what i've been reading the rad on the Corsair is about 10mm thicker as well, that should help!