What keyboard to get?

Codey2k

I'm getting a new keyboard for mostly gaming and a fair bit of typing as well. The budget is $100 US. So the requirements are that they have to be mechanical. Key type doesn't matter but it would be helpful if you guys gave information about the certain key. It doesn't have to be RGB. Dedicated media buttons and wrist rest aren't necessary but it would be nice to have them. They have to be full size keyboards, not TKL. Thanks  :)

Check out this website for more info about different key switches: https://www.pcgamer.com/best-mechanical-switches-for-gaming/

No one can tell you which keyboard you'll type/game best on, you have to try that out for yourself.

I have a Logitech G710+ with cherry mx brown switches and it's a really good keyboard IMO. It has dedicated macro switches, dedicated media buttons, and a decent wrist rest. 

BTW, cherry MX browns are known to be good for both gaming and typing so keep that mind. 

CPU: Intel Core i7-950 Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R CPU Cooler: NZXT HAVIK 140 RAM: Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 (1x2GB), Crucial DDR3-1600 (2x4GB), Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3-1600 (1x4GB) GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 770 DirectCU II 2GB SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 2.5" 1TB HDDs: WD Green 3.5" 1TB, WD Blue 3.5" 1TB PSU: Corsair AX860i & CableMod ModFlex Cables Case: Fractal Design Meshify C TG (White) Fans: 2x Dynamic X2 GP-12 Monitors: LG 24GL600F, Samsung S24D390 Keyboard: Logitech G710+ Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Mouse Pad: Steelseries QcK Audio: Bose SoundSport In-Ear Headphones

5 minutes ago, Rasbir Singh said:

Check out this website for more info about different key switches: https://www.pcgamer.com/best-mechanical-switches-for-gaming/

No don't check that out as there's no such thing as a gaming switch. Switches preference is 100% subjective.  Go to a store and try some out, or get a switch tester. 

7 minutes ago, Rasbir Singh said:

No one can tell you which keyboard you'll type/game best on, you have to try that out for yourself.

I have a Logitech G710+ with cherry mx brown switches and it's a really good keyboard IMO. It has dedicated macro switches, dedicated media buttons, and a decent wrist rest. 

BTW, cherry MX browns are known to be good for both gaming and typing so keep that mind. 

This was actually the first keyboard I considered but unfortunately it isn't available in my country and importing it would cost a lot so it's not possible. Thanks for the recommendation though!

I'd recommend the Logitech G810 Orion Spectrum, I personally like the feel of the keys and the RGB is amazing and it's the best bang for buck. (Romer-G keys) The keys are very quiet, it's very good if you talk to people in calls during gameplay. 

"I don't know what your problem is, but it seems like you don't like me. Besides, I can't put you in any mood - you put yourself into a 'mood' when you take the little things personally."

3 minutes ago, Krazes said:

I'd recommend the Logitech G810 Orion Spectrum, I personally like the feel of the keys and the RGB is amazing and it's the best bang for buck. 

That's a little out of the budget and it's not possible for me to extend my budget and I need a keyboard urgently. But thanks for the suggestion!