Confusion with anti static strap grounding

I have looked at many resources and videos online and keep getting mixed answers on wha I can ground to. When using a anti static strap, what should I use as the ground? I do not have a radiator or metal pipes nearby. I have heard that I can attach the alligator slip to the case with the PSU installed but turned off and plugged in. However, they advise that I clip it to a nonpainted part of the case and I can't see any part of my case that isn't painted (https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811139087) at least I think all that black steel is painted. 

So in conclusion can someone either:

1. Provide a way to ground myself using a anti static strap without a radiator or pipes

2. Confirm that the corsair case isn't painted and is safe to be clipped to for grounding

3. Confirm that it is appropriate to clip myself to a case that has a installed, and plugged in PSU that is powered off

This is my first build so I am totally lost and don't want to ruin my new parts. I am aware some people don't think a strap is necessary, but I would like to know how, 

I have been building computers for a very long time and have never used one, now that’s not to say the practice of using a strap is bad, but you can be fairly safe with out one.

A few best practices:

Dont work on carpet

Touch some bare metal with your hand to discharge your self prior to handling components

Be mindfull in the clothing you wear, such as wearing a wool sweater, etc.

But to answer your original question, you can clip it to some bare metal where ever you are working and it should serve its purpose just fine (such as your radiator).

I have a cue light I can use to show you when I’m joking, if you like.

55 minutes ago, jonkreacher said:

3. Confirm that it is appropriate to clip myself to a case that has a installed, and plugged in PSU that is powered off

confirmed, so long as the house wiring is correctly grounded to earth. find a silver unpainted bolt screw it into an unused hole in the chassis, and clip into that. the threads of the bore should not be painted.

[FS][US] Corsair H115i 280mm AIO-AMD $60+shipping

System specs:
Asus Prime X370 Pro - Custom EKWB CPU/GPU 2x360 1x240 soft loop - Ryzen 1700X - Corsair Vengeance RGB 2x16GB - Plextor 512 NVMe + 2TB SU800 - EVGA GTX1080ti - LianLi PC11 Dynamic