Don't know what ram to get for my build

Hi!

I'm new into the pc building world and I would appreciate some help with choosing what ram suits best for my build. I'm thinking about getting 8gb of ddr4 at 2666Mhz, but the problem is that I don't which manufacturer I should buy them from so it suits both my CPU and motherboard.

My CPU is Ryzen 5 1600 and my motherboard is Asus rog strix b350-F Gaming.

Thanks in advance.

Using 2400MHz for my 1300X currently, but Ryzen benefits from higher clock speeds. 3000MHz base would probably be good to buy. I personally like HyperX Fury the most, but as stated by @MiNy, Cosair Vengeance is good as well (usually a bit pricier though)

Ryzen 7 2700X | ZOTAC 3070 AMP HOLO | 32GB Corsair LPX 3000MHz | SeaSonic 620W PSU | ASRock B350 Pro4 | Too many SSDs

2 minutes ago, MiNy said:

I recommend Corsair Vengeance LPX, it's overclock-ready if you need it for Ryzen. You could also go others such as HyperX Fury or G.Skill Ripjaws.

Thanks for your reply! I searched for the type of ram you suggested and found 1x8gb and 2x4gb model. Which one shall I get for best performance?

3 minutes ago, Tsar_Maple said:

Using 2400MHz for my 1300X currently, but Ryzen benefits from higher clock speeds. 3000MHz base would probably be good to buy. I personally like HyperX Fury the most, but as stated by @MiNy, Cosair Vengeance is good as well (usually a bit pricier though)

Thank you for your reply. But I won't be able to get ram with a higher clock speed than 2666MHz due to my narrow budget.

2 minutes ago, FalconR8 said:

I searched for the type of ram you suggested and found 1x8gb and 2x4gb model. Which one shall I get for best performance?

It depends what you do. If you go 2x4, it means you'll have 8GB across 2 slots already as opposed to going 8GB for a single slot. Your call on this one.

mechanical keyboard switches aficionado & hi-fi audio enthusiast

switch reviews  how i lube mx-style keyboard switches

1 minute ago, FalconR8 said:

Thank you for your reply. But I won't be able to get ram with a higher clock speed than 2666MHz due to my narrow budget.

That speed will be fine! And you can overclock the RAM after you get it without any worries as well :) I haven't even OC'd my 2400 and it's doing great (just been too lazy to config the settings)

Ryzen 7 2700X | ZOTAC 3070 AMP HOLO | 32GB Corsair LPX 3000MHz | SeaSonic 620W PSU | ASRock B350 Pro4 | Too many SSDs

3 minutes ago, MiNy said:

It depends what you do. If you go 2x4, it means you'll have 8GB across 2 slots already as opposed to going 8GB for a single slot. Your call on this one.

Alright then! Thanks for helping me out :) 

4 minutes ago, Tsar_Maple said:

That speed will be fine! And you can overclock the RAM after you get it without any worries as well :) I haven't even OC'd my 2400 and it's doing great (just been too lazy to config the settings)

Sounds great, thanks for helping :) 

1 minute ago, FalconR8 said:

Sounds great, thanks for helping :) 

Yw! Have fun!