GTX 770s in PCI-express 2.0 16x?

So yeah, I've been wondering if I should buy this motherboard:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007MHC6K6/ref=ox_sc_act_title_7?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=AZCEI3EMXUPTH

It is good for my immediate use, but someday I will probably want to add a second graphics card (GTX 770) in Sli.
So. Will the second generation PCI-express be able to handle that?

Cards can barely saturate pci-e 2.0 x8.

That motherboard isn't sli ready though.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

You should be fine. 

The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.

Most, if not all boards support 8x with 2 slots in use.

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

yeah, thats fine. but if its for a new build, why not go Haswell?

Gaming HTPC:

R5 5600X - Cryorig C7 - Asus ROG B350-i - EVGA RTX2060KO - 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V 3333mhz - Corsair SF450 - 500gb 960 EVO - LianLi TU100B

Desktop PC:
R9 3900X - Peerless Assassin 120 SE - Asus Prime X570 Pro - Powercolor 7900XT - 32gb LPX 3200mhz - Corsair SF750 Platinum - 1TB WD SN850X - CoolerMaster NR200 White - Gigabyte M27Q-SA - Corsair K70 Rapidfire - Logitech MX518 Legendary - HyperXCloud Alpha wireless

Boss-NAS [Build Log]:
R5 2400G - Noctua NH-D14 - Asus Prime X370-Pro - 16gb G.Skill Aegis 3000mhz - Seasonic Focus Platinum 550W - Fractal Design R5 - 
250gb 970 Evo (OS) - 2x500gb 860 Evo (Raid0) - 6x4TB WD Red (RaidZ2)

Synology-NAS:
DS920+
2x4TB Ironwolf - 1x18TB Seagate Exos X20

Audio Gear:

Hifiman HE-400i - Kennerton Magister - Beyerdynamic DT880 250Ohm - AKG K7XX - Fostex TH-X00 - O2 Amp/DAC Combo - 
Klipsch RP280F - Klipsch RP160M - Klipsch RP440C - Yamaha RX-V479

Reviews and Stuff:

GTX 780 DCU2 // 8600GTS // Hifiman HE-400i // Kennerton Magister
Folding all the Proteins! // Boincerino

Useful Links:
Do you need an AMP/DAC? // Recommended Audio Gear // PSU Tier List 

So yeah, I've pretty much just copied the mid-range pc from Linus' "Gaming PC Buyer's Guide - Holiday Season 2013". My budget is around 1100$.
And the ones saying: "You'll be fine", could you please explain why?

So yeah, I've pretty much just copied the mid-range pc from Linus' "Gaming PC Buyer's Guide - Holiday Season 2013". My budget is around 1100$.

And the ones saying: "You'll be fine", could you please explain why?

Basically the new cards haven't yet maxed out the bandwidth (speed of data going in and out of the card through the slot) that the PCIe 2.0 slot offers and are far away from maxing out 3.0. Even if some have you won't see much of a performance hit between either. Basically PCIe 3.0 was made to future proof things a little.

So, the 2.0 still has enough bandwidth for GTX 770s? Oh, and could you tell me how to know how much bandwidth a card requires? Thank you :)

So, the 2.0 still has enough bandwidth for GTX 770s? Oh, and could you tell me how to know how much bandwidth a card requires? Thank you :)

Depends on the card but pcie 2.0 x8 or more is recommended for something like the 770.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

yeah, thats fine. but if its for a new build, why not go Haswell?

Because Hanswell's got hot as hell, if you OC the electrical curve is not linear etc etc etc.

@OP it really depends on the card, you should be fine but like Wooden said that board is not SLI ready.

CPU: i7-3930K @ 4.8GHz MOBO: IV Gene RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer 1866MHz GPU: GTX 780 Ti CASE: Corsair 350D STORAGE: 2 x Samsung 840 Pro 256 GB, 2x WD Red 4TB
PSU
: EVGA SuperNova 650W DISPLAY: 1 x ASUS VG248QE, 3 x Dell U2414H COOLING: Corsair H100i INPUT: Corsair Vengeance K70, SteelSeries Sensei AUDIO: Sennheiser HD 280 Pro, ATH-M50s, Beredynamic DT770 Pro, Steelseries H Wireless