Gaming Monitor

Greetings everyone

Directly to the point.

I have a good pc build, with GTX 1070 Asus Dual.

Right now I am using a Asus VS278H but I wanna upgrade to:

-Ultrawide with more than 27" for a more immersive experience;
-I'm not sure about Free-sync or G-sync since I am going to use another monitor for facebook, youtube, streams; ( connecting the second monitor to my motherboard,hdmi, will mess up with g-sync?);
-More than 100Hz, pref 144hz;
-1ms or close to it;

- can be mounted on a support;
- res, at least, 1080p

Looking for the cheapest on this conditions, I'm from Portugal and shipping with amazon costs 500-900$ which is impossible.

Hope I can get your help to choose one! thanks!

Some comments about what you want:

• I'm not sure about Free-sync or G-sync since I am going to use another monitor for facebook, youtube, streams; ( connecting the second monitor to my motherboard,hdmi, will mess up with g-sync?)
    • Connecting a second monitor won't mess up G-Sync. Unless you spend most of your time not gaming, I'd still recommend some adaptive refresh rate technology.
  • 1ms or close to it:
    • Response time is a largely meaningless specification because there's no standard. Plus you're not going to notice a difference between 1ms and say 4ms.
  • can be mounted on a support
    • The ultrawides I've found when scoping monitors out don't have VESA mounting support

With that in mind, the LG 34UC89G-B, Acer Predator Z301C, or Acer Predator Z301CT are probably your best bets.

5 minutes ago, M.Yurizaki said:

Some comments about what you want:

• I'm not sure about Free-sync or G-sync since I am going to use another monitor for facebook, youtube, streams; ( connecting the second monitor to my motherboard,hdmi, will mess up with g-sync?)
    • Connecting a second monitor won't mess up G-Sync. Unless you spend most of your time not gaming, I'd still recommend some adaptive refresh rate technology.
  • 1ms or close to it:
    • Response time is a largely meaningless specification because there's no standard. Plus you're not going to notice a difference between 1ms and say 4ms.
  • can be mounted on a support
    • The ultrawides I've found when scoping monitors out don't have VESA mounting support

With that in mind, the LG 34UC89G-B, Acer Predator Z301C, or Acer Predator Z301CT are probably your best bets.

I heard that it will mess up if you dont have your game on fullscreen, which I usually dont. I keep it on boderless so I can access the stuff from the second monitor.

I havent studied the 1ms stuff. it is response time? How so?

I havent yet but I will buy a desk monitor support to attach the monitor like this one: https://pt.gearbest.com/tv-wall-mount/pp_662889.html?wid=1433363&currency=EUR&vip=4437066&gclid=CjwKCAjwgYPZBRBoEiwA2XeupasPVKY6ao5tWuYdayZAaWN8dhGc0WQlIC28x-hotfhwgmNHUQ3WYxoCNLIQAvD_BwE

The monitor doesnt have the screw slot in the back?

And those are all 750-800€, that's expensive :(

10 minutes ago, Trooper0001 said:

I heard that it will mess up if you dont have your game on fullscreen, which I usually dont. I keep it on boderless so I can access the stuff from the second monitor.

G-Sync has an option to run in either full screen or windowed applications. I haven't had a problem with either.

I havent studied the 1ms stuff. it is response time? How so?

It's response time. I say it's largely irrelevant because there's no industry standard way of testing it and even then, even something like 5ms is really fast for most people to notice or care about. I used to do a test to gauge response time by finding a Wikipedia page with a table that had red and green highlights and if you scroll down, you could see yellow between where it changes. If I saw more yellow, then I knew the monitor had worse response time. But I haven't seen a monitor that showed any yellow in the past few years, even on monitors with 6ms response times.

I havent yet but I will buy a desk monitor support to attach the monitor like this one: https://pt.gearbest.com/tv-wall-mount/pp_662889.html?wid=1433363&currency=EUR&vip=4437066&gclid=CjwKCAjwgYPZBRBoEiwA2XeupasPVKY6ao5tWuYdayZAaWN8dhGc0WQlIC28x-hotfhwgmNHUQ3WYxoCNLIQAvD_BwE

The monitor doesnt have the screw slot in the back?

I went through PC Part Picker, apparently I found out their filtering doesn't work because I went and looked at the LG monitor and it does have a VESA mount. The others may have it as well, but I didn't look them up. So I apologize for jumping to that conclusion.

And those are all 750-800€, that's expensive :(

Yeah, that's the problem with EU pricing. They just change the symbol of the currency and call it a day (I'm assuming the price includes VAT)

If you're strictly limited to whatever $900 USD is in EUR, then the options dwindle.

Spoiler

So If I am playing with one monitor at 144hz boderless windowed, the g-sync will turn on  and not mess up while I am on the other one at 60hz watching a youtube video? Assuming I set it to work on boderless.

Do you know any other monitor at 144hz 1080p ultrawide cheaper? lol

Thanks for the help you're giving btw!

38 minutes ago, Trooper0001 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

So If I am playing with one monitor at 144hz boderless windowed, the g-sync will turn on  and not mess up while I am on the other one at 60hz watching a youtube video? Assuming I set it to work on boderless.

I'd have to go test that part, because for a while there was an issue with mismatched refresh rates and playing videos.

38 minutes ago, Trooper0001 said:

Do you know any other monitor at 144hz 1080p ultrawide cheaper? lol

If you don't want G-Sync, then they get cheaper.

17 minutes ago, M.Yurizaki said:

If you don't want G-Sync, then they get cheaper.

Do you think g-sync is worth it?

Anyway show me! I have been looking the whole day for a monitor.

4 minutes ago, M.Yurizaki said:

AOC C3583FQ

I found it at 430€ on amazon which is exactly my pricepoint but then +450€ to ship to Portugal. God dammit!

5 minutes ago, M.Yurizaki said:

LG 34UC79G-B

This one is free sync, which is g-sync but for AMD right?

I actually like LG a lot for any type of display.

I found HP Omen x35 for 600€ so I bought that one!
The decision has been made lol.

What do you think?