Golden Cube Build Log

jO7z68A.jpg

Hi everyone!

Im building my first water cooled PC and I had Corsair 300R but then I saw 540 Air and I was in love.

Part list:

CPU: Intel i5-4670K (From old PC)
GPU: XFX HD 7870 DD (From old PC)
Motherboard: Asus Z87-A (From old PC)
Hard drive: 2x Western Digital Blue 1TB (From old PC)
RAM: 8GB Kingston 1333MHz (From old PC)
Power supply: XFX 550W Core Edition (From old PC)
Case: Corsair 540 Air (Received)
Fan controller: Not sure which one I buy

CPU block: Aquacomputer Cuplex Kryos Delrin (Received)
GPU block: EK-7870 (Received)
Pump: Phobya DC12-260 (Received)
Reservoir: Alphacool Repack 5,25" Bay (Received)
Rad: Alphacool NexXxos XT45 360mm (Received. Waiting for plugs thought.)
Tubing: Alphatube HF 13/10mm - clear (Received)
Coolant: Mayhems X1 Oil Black (Bought. Gonna use distilled water first.)
Fans: 3x Yate Loon D12SL-12 (Received)

So this is the stuff I´m working with. Bought coolant, GPU block and fan controller today and this weekend I´m ordering rest of WC parts. The case I´m buying first week of January. Maybe I´ll buy Corsair SP120 fans for rad and AF120 for case later and also Bitfenix gold/black enxtensions and golden Corsair RAM would be sick! I´m pretty excited about doing my first water cooled PC and I hope everything is gonna go well. Pictures are coming when first parts arrive and I warn you! There will be A LOT OF PICTURES! Wish me luck  ^_^ 

Are you going to repaint the case gold?

|| Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 2600 || RAM: 32GB (4x8GB) Corsair DDR4 Vengance (3000) || Motherboard: ASUS Prime B450-Plus || Graphics Card: Gigabyte RTX2070 || Storage: 750GB SSD (2 Drives), 3TB HDD (2 Drives) || Case: NZXT H500 || Power Supply: be quiet! Pure Power 11 600W || 

Are you going to repaint the case gold?

Front mesh yes but otherwise no. That name can be a little bit misleading :P

Will it have a custom vinyl or is the name from the motherboard?

Name is from the motherboard :)

EDIT: Little update. Changing most of WC parts because some of those arent on stock and it could take months to get them so I updated them :)

Bought rest of water cooling stuff yesterday and they should arrive after new year. Now I only need the case  :D

Looks cool

Subbed

Rig CPU Intel i5 3570K at 4.2 GHz - MB MSI Z77A-GD55 - RAM Kingston 8GB 1600 mhz - GPU XFX 7870 Double D - Keyboard Logitech G710+

Case Corsair 600T - Storage Intel 330 120GB, WD Blue 1TB - CPU Cooler Noctua NH-D14 - Displays Dell U2312HM, Asus VS228, Acer AL1715

lookin forward to seeing this project develop

oil black mayhems.....interesting :D

Subbing to this!

Air 540 is defiantly my favorite case!

See my Build here!

Intel 6700k -  Strix GTX 1080Ti - Corsair AX760 - Corsair Dominator 16GB 3000MHz - ASUS Maximus VIII Hero

Seagate Barracuda 1TB -  Samsung 120GB 840 - Samsung 840 EVO 250GB - Corsair H100i - Corsair Air 540 White -

Corsair AF120 - 2x Noctua NF-F12 - 3 x Noctua NF-S12

Dell S2417DG - Dell UH2515H 

Looks cool

Subbed

Thanks!  :)

lookin forward to seeing this project develop

oil black mayhems.....interesting :D

Thanks!  :)  Hopefully that Mayhems coolant will look awesome  :P

Subbing to this!

Air 540 is defiantly my favorite case!

Thanks!  :)  That case is just awesome. Cant wait to get it  :D

• 2 weeks later...

Long time no see. Got most of my WC parts today and I still need GPU block and case.

Here is group picture of parts which I got today.
DTOr8nW.jpg

Gonna add more pics tomorrow ;)
PS. Pics taken with Nexus 5 so quality is not the best :(

Can't wait for a new update :)

Rig CPU Intel i5 3570K at 4.2 GHz - MB MSI Z77A-GD55 - RAM Kingston 8GB 1600 mhz - GPU XFX 7870 Double D - Keyboard Logitech G710+

Case Corsair 600T - Storage Intel 330 120GB, WD Blue 1TB - CPU Cooler Noctua NH-D14 - Displays Dell U2312HM, Asus VS228, Acer AL1715

Love the 540, looking forward to updates!

Hoping to get my 540 on a good sale before I start buying parts.

Love the 540, looking forward to updates!

Hoping to get my 540 on a good sale before I start buying parts.

Subbed, looking forward to the updates :)

Can't wait for a new update :)

Thanks guys!  :)

Little update. Bad things first. My rad didnt come with those copper screw plugs  :(  Also my GPU block can take up to 2 weeks to arrive  :(  But there is no hurry so not a big deal :P

Also two pics:

tavTXin.jpg

qnZlIDq.jpg

See you soon ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Finally got my GPU block and case. Only waiting for those screws to my radiator and I´m ready to GO! Also assembled my old parts to new waiting for water ;)

pQjdJuo.jpg

cYEgXDU.jpg

1IEYXQZ.jpg

UgX9SKr.jpg

Full album @ http://imgur.com/a/dBDKl

I´m getting those plugs at Friday but unfortunately I can´t put WC stuff in yet since I´m not home at weekend. Next week I will put it together and leak test it :)

just love Ur tenkeyless =) and sweet start 

i7 4790K@4.5GHz-1.15V, BeQuiet! SR2, Asrock z97e-itx/ac, Kingston  Fury 16GB@1866MHz, GTX 670 2GB, 3x ssdNOW300V 300ishGB, Bitfenix Prodigy, OCZ ZT 750W Twittwit@enRodjavel

Nice :)

Looking awesome man! That case is really sick and I would definately use that for one of my builds :)

CPU: i7 8700 GPU: Asus ROG Strix GTX 1080 Mobo: Gigabyte Z370 Gaming 5 Ram: 16GB EVGA SuperSC SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB 
HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB PSU: TX650M Case: NZXT S340 Elite OS: Windows 10 Mouse: Logitech G403 Mouse Mat: HyperX Fury S Pro XL 
Keyboard: CM Masterkeys Pro S (reds) Headphones: Sennheiser HD598 Monitor: Asus 24' MG248QR Devices: IPhone 11 Pro Max + 13' Macbook Pro

wow a maxtor drive. Is that a DiamondMax 10(SATA1 & ~300GB)? That thing must be almost 8 years old now.  Nice build so far.

It is Maxtor DiamondMax 9+ 160GB. I got it from school for free so I just put Ubuntu on that drive :D

Looking awesome man! That case is really sick and I would definately use that for one of my builds :)

Nice :)

just love Ur tenkeyless =) and sweet start 

Thanks to all :)

Interesting choice of Res for the case, I assume you are putting it in the front 5.25?

Interesting choice of Res for the case, I assume you are putting it in the front 5.25?

Yup :)

The cube is not golden!

:P

PS; Show pictures of the compartment behind the motherboard tray, to fully be able to judge

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

Looks really nice!

Main Rig: -FX8150 -32gb Kingston HyperX BLUE -120gb Kingston HyperX SSD -1TB WD Black -ASUS R9 270 DCUII OC -Corsair 300r -Full specs on Profile

Other Devices: -One Plus One 64gb Sandstone Black -Canon T5 -Moto G -Pebble Smartwatch -Nintendo 2DS -G27 Racing Wheel

#PlugYourStuff - 720penis - 1080penis - #KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #HashtagsAreALifestyle - CAR BOUGHT: 2010 Corolla

Yup :)

Well I look forward to seeing it finished, I've been considering doing a custom loop in mine for some time now...

The cube is not golden!

:P

PS; Show pictures of the compartment behind the motherboard tray, to fully be able to judge

There is one on Imgur album. Link: http://imgur.com/a/dBDKl

Looks really nice!

Thanks man!

Well I look forward to seeing it finished, I've been considering doing a custom loop in mine for some time now...

Even this case is designed for air cooling it is also awesome case for water cooling

Also I got my plugs from Aquatuning today. Well 2 of them. For some reason they sent 2 plugs instead of 4 plugs  :angry: Luckily I ordered five plugs just to make sure so it isn´t so big deal but still pisses me off.

Yesterday I did some test fits and my XT45 won´t fit fittings on the top. So I need to put it other way but that won´t really matter so not a big deal.