All in one cooler or Air Cooler for CPU?

Hi, I', planning on building my 2nd rig and I've been wondering if I'm better off getting the 212 Evo with two after market fans or getting an AIO cooler like the H100i v2 for a i5-8600k.

I'm hearing conflicting information from people I know vs what I'm seeing online and I don't know which is better for temperature, since noise isn't really an issue for me. I'm not entirely sure if I'll overclock my cpu, but maybe that could help decide which kind of cooler to get.
Thanks. 

The H100i v2 is definitely better than the 212 Evo, but the 212 Evo will serve you just fine and it's easier on the wallet as well.

1 minute ago, CapitalistVN said:

The H100i v2 is definitely better than the 212 Evo, but the 212 Evo will serve you just fine and it's easier on the wallet as well.

As he stated, the 212 Evo will be sufficent for your rig, if overclocking maybe a little less but it won't take oc'ing out of the equation. The question you should be asking yourself is if you're willing to pay for the AIO cooler for a couple less degrees. Silence would also be one but considering you don't really care there's only one thing to worry about really. 

Thermaltake Overseer RX-1
Intel i7-4930K
Asus RoG-Strix 1070ti A8G 
Asus P9X79 
Corsair Vengance 16GB DDR3 (4 x 4gb) RAM
Thermaltake Frio
Corsair HX750 
Samsung 860 Evo 500gb
Seagate Firecuda 2tb

I'm also concerned about longevity.
How would an AIO compare in lifespan relative to a normal air cooler? 
I don't want to have to upgrade for a long time. 

3 minutes ago, superZAKTAN said:

An AIO liquid cooler would have a lifespan around 5-6 years.

For the air cooler, the most risky component would be the fans, but most coolers nowadays can replace fans (not stock fans tho gg) so that shouldn't be a problem. It will last for a really long time.

11 minutes ago, superZAKTAN said:

Are you looking to overclock? If you are, the H110i will be your best choice and give you good temperatures with a decent overclock. The risks you take are leakage, and pump failure. Pump failure is hard to diagnose as it is silent, and your PC might also overheat. Leakage is a bigger problem. The liquid will eventually start to clog up and risk a leak. If you are overclocking, choose the H110i. If you aren't and don't want to risk ruining your CPU and motherboard, the 212 evo is for you.

hi.

It's not really the right comparison to be making. There are much better air coolers than the Hyper 212 Evo, which still cost less than the H100i v2.

In general, air cooling is quieter and cheaper for a certain level of cooling capability. But liquid cooling can scale to higher cooling capability than air cooling; an air cooler can't really be much bigger than the Noctua NH-D15.

1 hour ago, superZAKTAN said:

Hi, I', planning on building my 2nd rig and I've been wondering if I'm better off getting the 212 Evo with two after market fans or getting an AIO cooler like the H100i v2 for a i5-8600k.

I'm hearing conflicting information from people I know vs what I'm seeing online and I don't know which is better for temperature, since noise isn't really an issue for me. I'm not entirely sure if I'll overclock my cpu, but maybe that could help decide which kind of cooler to get.
Thanks. 

212 evo is cheap, and really good. you can overclock and add fans and installation is pretty easy.

Just now, iKingRPG said:

212 evo is cheap, and really good. you can overclock and add fans and installation is pretty easy.

even when on loudest settings is quieter then my old intel cpu fan.

Get a Cryorig H7 or H5 Universal etc instead.

10 hours ago, iKingRPG said:

even when on loudest settings is quieter then my old intel cpu fan.

Intel's stock coolers are extremely terrible, so that's not saying a lot.