Ethernet doesn't have a valid IP

WaitDontSh00t
I'm hoping someone can help me out here, I'm starting to lose my mind!
As of yesterday, I turned on my PC and everything was fine. I actually was downloading a game on Steam and left my computer for a minute. Upon coming back, I realized that my internet connection was gone. I'm not sure what happened, so I restarted and still...no internet access. Here I am, many many hours later still trying to resolve this issue. (**Note all other devices in the house are working fine).
PC Specs:
i7 6700k
Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB 3000Mhz
Asus Maximus VIII Hero Alpha
Dual 980Ti Hybrids
Corsair RM1000i

When running the Windows Network Diag. it tells me that "Ethernet doesn't have a valid IP configuration."
I went into CMD and entered "ipconfig" and the default gateway is empty. It gives me an IPv4 address of 169.254.173.107

What I have tried (In normal and safe mode):
Restarting PC, Router and Modem.
ipconfig /flushdns
ipconfig /registerdns
ipconfig /release
ipconfig /renew (Said No operation can be performed on local area connection while it has its media disconnected & an error occured while renewing interface Ethernet: unable to contact your DHCP server. Request Time out.)
netsh winsock reset catalog
netsh int ipv4 reset
netsh int ipv6 reset
I've also tried uninstalling the Ethernet driver and reinstalling it

I'm not sure what else to try (I'm posting this on a laptop right now). I'm at a loss and desperate, I would GREATLY appreciate any help. Hopefully I provided enough info!
Thank you so much!

Does it help at all if you set a static IP on your adapter to the one of your network?

If it still barfs I'd try another NIC.

PC : 3600 · Crosshair VI WiFi · 2x16GB RGB 3200 · 1080Ti SC2 · 1TB WD SN750 · EVGA 1600G2 · Define C 

2 minutes ago, beersykins said:

Does it help at all if you set a static IP on your adapter to the one of your network?

If it still barfs I'd try another NIC.

Setting a static IP didn't do anything unfortunately. 

I tried a different cable, but still the same issue. Unfortunately I feel like this is leading towards a System Reset!

3 hours ago, WaitDontSh00t said:

Setting a static IP didn't do anything unfortunately. 

I tried a different cable, but still the same issue. Unfortunately I feel like this is leading towards a System Reset!

How you tried resetting the router, just looking at the IP, 169.253.173.107 means your router isn't giving out IP addresses as it should.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | CPU Cooler: Stock AMD Cooler | Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING (WI-FI) | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 CL16 | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB Zotac Mini | Case: K280 Case | PSU: Cooler Master B600 Power supply | SSD: 1TB  | HDDs: 1x 250GB & 1x 1TB WD Blue | Monitors: 24" Acer S240HLBID + 24" Samsung  | OS: Win 10 Pro

Audio: Behringer Q802USB Xenyx 8 Input Mixer |  U-PHORIA UMC204HD | Behringer XM8500 Dynamic Cardioid Vocal Microphone | Sound Blaster Audigy Fx PCI-E card.

Home Lab:  Lenovo ThinkCenter M82 ESXi 6.7 | Lenovo M93 Tiny Exchange 2019 | TP-LINK TL-SG1024D 24-Port Gigabit | Cisco ASA 5506 firewall  | Cisco Catalyst 3750 Gigabit Switch | Cisco 2960C-LL | HP MicroServer G8 NAS | Custom built SCCM Server.

Try something weird. Select your wifi and ethernet adapters and create a bridged connection. Then disable the bridge connection and also delete the bridge connection. For some reason, this works to reset the adapters in Windows 10 when other methods don't.

CPU: AMD Sempron 2400+ / MOBO: Abit NF7-S2G / GPU: WinFast A180BT 64MB / RAM: Mushkin DDR333 256MBx2 / HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM 120GB

You can boot into a Linux livecd/USB to rule out software.

PC : 3600 · Crosshair VI WiFi · 2x16GB RGB 3200 · 1080Ti SC2 · 1TB WD SN750 · EVGA 1600G2 · Define C 

169.xxx.xxx.xxx addresses are provided when your machine is unable to obtain a DHCP address. I know you said you set a static address, but did you put all the details in correctly? If you set a static IP address using the following details: (change the following if your IP range is different...For example: If your router is on 192.168.0.1, change the IPs to match that format)

IP Address: 192.168.1.130

Subnet mask: 255.255.255.0

Default Gateway: 192.168.1.1

DNS: 192.168.1.1

Edit: Also try deleting your network device from Device Manager (including deleting the drivers if prompted) and reboot the machine.

Stop and think a second, something is more than nothing.

Try downgrading network adapter drivers. 

check your router. Is it giving any errors?

CPU: AMD 3800X GPU: GTX 1080 Ti RAM: (16GB) 2x Corsair 8gb DDR4 3200Mhz Drives: SanDisk 240GB SSD, Samsung 500GB SSD, WD 1TB HDD

Motherboard: MSI X470 Gaming pro plus PSU: Gigabyte 650 watt Monitor(s): 27 inch AOC 1440p

I have a similar problem with one of my virtual machine hosted in my ESXI server.  It's not getting IP from my DHCP server and it cannot ping my router or any device on my LAN.

My virtual machine is running Windows 8.  My resolution is delete the network adapter from hardware device manager and then reboot the system.  The system rebooted, it automatically install network adapter drive and magically it starts getting IP from my DHCP server.

Sometime Windows is a weird beast and the fix is not logical.

16 hours ago, beersykins said:

You can boot into a Linux livecd/USB to rule out software.

I'm onboard with beersykins suggestion. Boot Linux off a thumb drive. If your internet returns and is stable then Windows probably did something while you were out of the room. If it doesn't show up or is very intermittent you probably have a dead onboard NIC.