[Sony Vegas] Help with cutting footage

Hyydrah

Say that you have a 10 minute recording and only have a small amount of drive space to work with. How would you go about cutting, say, 1 minute of footage from that video without compressing or altering the footage in any other way? I know how to cut footage, but I'm not sure how to keep the quality of the video intact (or at least, to as large of an extent as possible).

Right now I think I have it set to render at a constant bitrate of 240,000,000 or something like that. I'll check the actual value once I can find it.

Make sure the render settings are good first of all. The just make the cuts. Delete the extra footage. Double click on the video you want to render. Select the "Render as" button. Select the "render loop region only" button. Render. Done!

Make sure the render settings are good first of all. The just make the cuts. Delete the extra footage. Double click on the video you want to render. Select the "Render as" button. Select the "render loop region only" button. Render. Done!

Okay, but what settings would I need to keep it from changing the footage in any other way?

Okay, but what settings would I need to keep it from changing the footage in any other way?

For best quality make sure the footage and render setting match. Also make sure to capture high quality footage. For example if you record in 720p 30 fps 6m bit rate render with those settings.

For best quality make sure the footage and render setting match. Also make sure to capture high quality footage. For example if you record in 720p 30 fps 6m bit rate render with those settings.

What template should I use, and with what settings? So far I've been using a modified "MainConcept AVC/AAC" template.

What template should I use, and with what settings? So far I've been using a modified "MainConcept AVC/AAC" template.

I would go for HDV (insert revolution here) And modify it to match the original media.

I would go for HDV (insert revolution here) And modify it to match the original media.

Thanks for all the help. :)

Thanks for all the help. :)

No problem. I have used vegas pro 12 for about a year and a half. Pm me or reply to this if you have any more questions.