New to DIY watercooling

Hey yall, Ive been building PCs for 13 years but have never really broken into the Custom/DIY water cooling rink, was always lazy and went with an AIO...I'm doing a new build with in a Cougar Conquer case (linked here https://cougargaming.com/us/products/cases/conquer/?urllang=us&url_1=us/products/cases/conquer ). Could use some advice and answers on a few things... first of I know that you shouldn't mixed metals in a loop, but I see most water blocks have nickel along with copper...would I be correct in assuming that nickel can go with copper? or am i missing something obvious?...

Also I was want a Raijentek reservoir because they look awesome, however i notice that they have Aluminum caps on the top....prolly fine as long as water doesn't touch it but any concerns there if everything else is copper?....and anyone have any luck finding Raijentek stuff in the U.S? cant seem to find it anywhere....closest I found is overclockers.uk but even they didnt have the size i wanted....

and lastly i'll prolly have to mount the reservoir and pump as the case doesnt seem to have anywhere to set it down except maybe the PSU tray.....sorry I know its a lot of specific stuff, but thats why I came to the best......annnnnnd go!!

12 minutes ago, johnwcarl said:

-SNIP-

Both copper, brass and nickel are very compatible together in a loop and isn't an issue. I would recommend to start with a kit if you want to start off but as for the Raijentek unit I would not recommend it since it uses both aluminum baffles and end caps. 

http://mod-your-case.de/index.php?forum2-showposts2-984

Take a read through this it's a good resource to get started in watercooling and specific details:

based on the video above it is critical that you don't mix Aluminium with Copper

also the "Custom AIO" featured above has a newer version of it if you are interested called EK MLC

"Make it future proof for some years at least, don't buy "only slightly better" stuff that gets outdated 1 year, that's throwing money away" @pipoawas

-Frequencies DON'T represent everything and in many cases that is true (referring to Individual CPU Clocks).

Mention me if you want to summon me sooner or later

Spoiler

My head on 2019 :

Note 10, S10, Samsung becomes Apple, Zen 2, 3700X, Renegade X lol

Hey ya'll are awesome, thanks for the info....and super sorry I forgot one thing...any recommendations on flexible tubing that has the best clarity?....also same question for a Reservoir since it looks like the one I want isn't gonna happen?...maybe a glass one?....and I'm still a little confused on mounting...lots of stuff seems to have some mounting stuff for the rez, but they cant work with every case right? or am i crazy?....and if not any best practices when it comes to mounting one? and how does that work with the pump? do they both mount?....sorry, its probably obvious, just never done it and I dont want to get something I cant mount, especially since therte are 2 other reservoirs on my radar, ones a standard tube, and ones a Phanteks rectangular one. 

9 minutes ago, johnwcarl said:

Hey ya'll are awesome, thanks for the info....and super sorry I forgot one thing...any recommendations on flexible tubing that has the best clarity?....also same question for a Reservoir since it looks like the one I want isn't gonna happen?...maybe a glass one?....and I'm still a little confused on mounting...lots of stuff seems to have some mounting stuff for the rez, but they cant work with every case right? or am i crazy?....and if not any best practices when it comes to mounting one? and how does that work with the pump? do they both mount?....sorry, its probably obvious, just never done it and I dont want to get something I cant mount, especially since therte are 2 other reservoirs on my radar, ones a standard tube, and ones a Phanteks rectangular one. 

For tubing, Mayhems Ultra clear and Primochill's LRT are both good options. The reservoir mounting depends on the case and what units you get most will have mounting brackets or clips that hold the res in place, most times you will need to fabricate an adapter to your case or to drill mounts for it. As for pumps you have two options getting a pump res combo where they are combined into one or having the two separate. I would recommend to look into a D5 of DDC pump. 

kewl kewl, I figure the mounting out...Last question...I know DDC and D5 pumps are most common...been looking at this Phanteks rez. http://phanteks.com/PH-R220.html

it says you can mount a DDC pump to it...can I assume any DDC pump will work? they seem to come in lots of different flavors...and any suggestion of where or which DDC pump to buy?

6 minutes ago, johnwcarl said:

kewl kewl, I figure the mounting out...Last question...I know DDC and D5 pumps are most common...been looking at this Phanteks rez. http://phanteks.com/PH-R220.html

it says you can mount a DDC pump to it...can I assume any DDC pump will work? they seem to come in lots of different flavors...and any suggestion of where or which DDC pump to buy?

I would recommend one with DDC control for you to set the speed and noise to a reasonable level at which it id comfortable at. For the DDC you will want to install a heatsink onto it since it can get fairly hot and for long term reliability. 

https://www.ekwb.com/shop/ek-ddc-3-2-pwm-laing-ddc-3-2-pwm

Sounds good to me, I think Ima go with that Phanteks Rez...mioght try to find a nicer looking DDC pump...will ANY actually work? I see some witrhout the 2 tubes comming of the EK one and ones with them....Also it LOOKS like it can also take a D5 pump...? saw one review say that and it does have the circular design for it,m but it doesnt say on the website....thoughts?

54 minutes ago, johnwcarl said:

Sounds good to me, I think Ima go with that Phanteks Rez...mioght try to find a nicer looking DDC pump...will ANY actually work? I see some witrhout the 2 tubes comming of the EK one and ones with them....Also it LOOKS like it can also take a D5 pump...? saw one review say that and it does have the circular design for it,m but it doesnt say on the website....thoughts?

You remove the original top of the DDC to install it into the pump combo of the Phanteks unit. The unit can only take a DDC pump the D5 is (stand alone) meaning it's would be completely separate. 

Under specs:

Spoiler

PH-R220.jpg

You are the man W-L, I think ya'll hit everything I wasn't sure about. That's why i came here, game on.