Worth upgrading my rig?

Hey hey

Just wondering what peoples opinions are on me upgrading my rig. Worth or not?

As of today I have:

Asus P8Z77-V Motherboard

Intel 3570k CPU

Corsair 16 GB DDR3 1600 MHz memory

EVGA 1080 Classified GPU

EVGA GQ 650W PSU

NZXT x62 Kraken CPU-cooler

NZXT H700i

NZXT 140 mm Aer fans x3

Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB SSD x3

What I'm considering is getting a new trio (cpu,mobo and ram). I don't really know which ones to get. Been looking at 8700k, 8086k(for the novelty aswell), and Ryzen. I have no clear must buy, but I'm leaning on the thought of intel again. Currently I'm playing on a 1440p 165hz GSync monitor. Playing games such as WoW, CSGO, PUBG and the occasional GTA:V. The question is, is it worth for me to upgrade my rig? Is my CPU bottlenecking me that much? I haven't overclocked yet and I have a cooler for it but will the extra performance be enough for me not to upgrade?

I've heard alot about as long as you have a 2nd gen CPU and above it's not really that big of a leap, but it's 5 generation improvement(3rd->8th gen). Also it's the forever burning question is it a good time to upgrade? How far long till' the 8790k releases and so on. Thoughts?

Personally I think you should upgrade to the 8700k, and also upgrade your RAM to DDR4 memory because your going to have to get a new motherboard anyway if you do upgrade to the 8700k. But it all depends on your budget.

9 minutes ago, Phyxia said:

Playing games such as WoW, CSGO, PUBG and the occasional GTA:V

I don't think you will notice a huge improvement with those games.  I say now is the time to try your hand at overclocking and see what you can do.  Just keep an eye out for deals and if you see a good one jump on it.

noo, personally

since you got a great performer 4c/4t and i think will still be able to handle current games

also DDR4 modules are still expensive so i wouldn't recommend it

"Make it future proof for some years at least, don't buy "only slightly better" stuff that gets outdated 1 year, that's throwing money away" @pipoawas

-Frequencies DON'T represent everything and in many cases that is true (referring to Individual CPU Clocks).

Mention me if you want to summon me sooner or later

Spoiler

My head on 2019 :

Note 10, S10, Samsung becomes Apple, Zen 2, 3700X, Renegade X lol

56 minutes ago, wh1sp3r said:

Personally I think you should upgrade to the 8700k, and also upgrade your RAM to DDR4 memory because your going to have to get a new motherboard anyway if you do upgrade to the 8700k. But it all depends on your budget.

I don't have a budget per say, it's more of a question should I upgrade or not. Is the performance increase worth the hassle of upgrading? I love tinkering and buying new parts but if the end result isn't that much of a big deal it renders it moot kinda.

For example I had a Asus Radeon 7770 DirectCU and upgraded that to a 1080. That was a fantastic and unreal upgrade, but was expected. I don't expect the same kind of performance jump here, just wanting to get other thoughts if this "jump" is worth the money invested or if I should just wait more?

• 1 month later...