Pc Random shut down

Epicxcrafter
Go to solution Solved by Epicxcrafter,
On 6/12/2018 at 11:31 AM, Peskanova said:

Dude you playing fortnite without a gpu its normal that your cpu or psu scream for help , if you misuse  your computer a lot can brick your motherboard or your psu that bircks your motherboard. There is no rule on computers that says that if you can run a game the computer is going to be ok. 

On 6/12/2018 at 11:09 AM, MattLifewalker said:

Those temps are strange. I agree with reapplying Thermal paste. What do your temps say in the BIOS? you should have a CPU monitor or something in there.

Found it it was overheating and its was because of my fan speed it was set to run for dead silent so it was barley running so i have turned it up and have not had any problems since

Ok so i have posted a lot about my pc and its problems but this is its biggest problem yet it has been shutting down at random for the past few weeks and i have been trying to troubleshoot the problem and i have no idea but 1# i know its not software it has to be hardware its a full pc shutoff like if the power goes out kind of shutoff ( aka no blue screen/ warning/error code). 2# i know its not ram cause that would cause a blue screen with a code.3# its not my motherboard i checked the capacitors no bulges or anything. 

Ok so what i have on my mind is 1 of 2 things 1# cpu overheating i got this pc a year ago from a Microsoft refresher online (i.e. amazon) and this pc is maybe 4 to 6 years old so if they did not replace the thermal paste it could be bad i dought that they would not replace it but then again idk how long since it was refurbished 2# the power supply is going bad i know there is no way a pc referbisher replaced the psu unless that was its problem and why it got referbished. like i said not ram i am positive its not software P.S. there is no gpu in here its is a amd apu so its has enough power and for some reason i can not get thermal readings from any software to see the cpu temps so this is why i dont know if it is over heating or not (when i go to see the temps it says like 7 degrees Celsius idle and max of like 30c after i play something) and at this point idk its not like it shuts off while under load its like after i am done playing and i am sitting on the desktop it shuts off

you sitting on the desktop after playing with an amd apu(supose some emulator) and then shuts off? it can be temps since its when your load is finished but your temps need to stabilize , you can reapply thermal paste.(amd mounts tend to fail with time so check if your cooler is well atached) 

Case: Corsair 760T  |  Psu: Evga  650w p2 | Cpu-Cooler : Noctua Nh-d15 | Cpu : 8600k  | Gpu: Gygabyte 1070 g1 | Ram: 2x8gb Gskill Trident-Z 3000mhz |  Mobo : Aorus GA-Z370 Gaming K3 | Storage : Ocz 120gb sata ssd , sandisk 480gb ssd , wd 1gb hdd | Keyboard : Corsair k95 rgb plat. | Mouse : Razer deathadder elite | Monitor: Dell s2417DG (1440p 165hz gsync) & a crappy hp 24' ips 1080p | Audio: Schiit stack + Akg k712pro + Blue yeti.

Those temps are strange. I agree with reapplying Thermal paste. What do your temps say in the BIOS? you should have a CPU monitor or something in there.

7 minutes ago, MattLifewalker said:

From what i can see there is no cpu temp monitor reading in my bios Maybe since this is a hp motherboard. 

24 minutes ago, Peskanova said:

you sitting on the desktop after playing with an amd apu(supose some emulator) and then shuts off? it can be temps since its when your load is finished but your temps need to stabilize , you can reapply thermal paste.(amd mounts tend to fail with time so check if your cooler is well atached) 

ok say i am playing a game like fortnite (which almost dose not run at all) i will be playing it and after i am done and i close out its not immediate but within 1 to 10 mins and sometimes it will with in that period and sometimes i will be fine.

Dude you playing fortnite without a gpu its normal that your cpu or psu scream for help , if you misuse  your computer a lot can brick your motherboard or your psu that bircks your motherboard. There is no rule on computers that says that if you can run a game the computer is going to be ok. 

Case: Corsair 760T  |  Psu: Evga  650w p2 | Cpu-Cooler : Noctua Nh-d15 | Cpu : 8600k  | Gpu: Gygabyte 1070 g1 | Ram: 2x8gb Gskill Trident-Z 3000mhz |  Mobo : Aorus GA-Z370 Gaming K3 | Storage : Ocz 120gb sata ssd , sandisk 480gb ssd , wd 1gb hdd | Keyboard : Corsair k95 rgb plat. | Mouse : Razer deathadder elite | Monitor: Dell s2417DG (1440p 165hz gsync) & a crappy hp 24' ips 1080p | Audio: Schiit stack + Akg k712pro + Blue yeti.

i was just saying fortnite as a example for a game it dose this almost to any game i play within these last few weeks. i played fortnite once to see how bad it ran and uninstalled it almost right after. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/12/2018 at 11:31 AM, Peskanova said:

On 6/12/2018 at 11:09 AM, MattLifewalker said:

Found it it was overheating and its was because of my fan speed it was set to run for dead silent so it was barley running so i have turned it up and have not had any problems since