Best TG tiny ITX case in 2018?

HK1

Hello everyone! i'm travelling soon and i really need a small pc to take around with me with full length GPU support. oh and also - it needs to have tempered glass ;). I have a build log called project crampeus mini which is a build log for a tiny case. but unfortunately i don't think i can get a usable piece soon enough, so once my custom case is complete i'll switch over to that but for now i need a compact case(around the size of a dr sentry zaber(a bit bigger/thicker is fine)) with TG.

I have my eyes on the evolv ITX TG but i want to see if there is something smaller first. i don't want any kind of radiator compatibility since watercooling ain't good for taking around with you. i'm gonna be carrying this around in a car preety frequently so really want a smaller case. but my biggest problem with the zaber and node 202 is the ugly non TG side panel :/ 

any suggestions?? 

You won't get a small case that has TG.

If you're OK with acrylic, take a look at the Geeek A30.

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

2 minutes ago, kelvinhall05 said:

You won't get a small case that has TG.

If you're OK with acrylic, take a look at the Geeek A30.

it would be perfect but no full sized GPU :( mine is 27cm, GTX 1080 turbo.

If you're going to be carrying it around so much, wouldn't you want a solid side panel? Glass could get broken if it's in the car so much, but you wouldn't have to worry with solid panels.

REMEMBER:

IF YOU WANT ME TO RESPOND, YOU GOTTA QUOTE ME 

OR

PUT @Fixinit1 IN YOUR RESPONSE!!!!!

Gosh, I hate it when people forget. Anyway, check out my PC below, and there's a PCPartPicker link on my profile, If you wanna see what I'm planning.

Spoiler

SYSTEM SPECS: Finally ditched the Pentium N3540, now I've got the following:

CPU - Ryzen 5 2400G

GPU - 1060 6GB Gigabyte G1 Gaming

RAM - 16GB DDR4 3000mhz Team T-Force Delta RGB

MOTHERBOARD - MSI B350 Tomahawk

PSU - EVGA 450BT

CASE - PHANTEKS  P350X

also: my price range is upto a $100. i don't wanna spend too much on it since im gonna change to my custom case later anyway :) i know the ncase exists but too expensive cuz im switching later

1 minute ago, HK1 said:

it would be perfect but no full sized GPU :( mine is 27cm, GTX 1080 turbo.

Just now, HK1 said:

also: my price range is upto a $100. i don't wanna spend too much on it since im gonna change to my custom case later anyway :) i know the ncase exists but too expensive cuz im switching later

You're not going to find the perfect case that has TG, is small, and is under $100. You'll have to sacrifice on something (I'd say the TG).

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

NOTE: acrylic is completely fine for me, this is what i need: full sized GPU clearance, decent CPU cooler height(cryorig c7) and TG or acrylic

im really liking this case: https://www.geeekstore.com/shop/geeek-mx210-matx-case/ its still a bit big but has M-ATX support and full size gpu support. smaller would be better though. 41cm is about the size of my keyboard and the width is OK but i wanna go..smaller

-i just realized something. im building my own case using CAD and i think i can't take a piece of glass and 3d print some hooks to slap it on there. wow. im just gonna mod a zaber or node 202, realized i can do that now :) 

The sharkoon c10 is really small and has full gpu support, but building in it is hard and no tempered glass, but it is easy to mod.

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/13/2018 at 2:29 PM, EvoKnvl said:

Inwin A1?

I really wanted to get the Inwin A1 since all the cables are pre-routed and you get a PSU included for $165 on Amazon, but the issue is it's still 20L like my Corsair Bulldog 2.0 and there is no way two an AIO on the CPU and GPU, nor is there a way to get my SC2 Hybrid with 120MM radiator to work even with a C7.  

IMO the NCase M1 is the best option albeit it's $220 shipped.  You can do 240MM radiator, or two 120MM.  You can put up to four 120MM fans, one 92/80mm on the rear, tons of HD mounting options, and can support ATX PSU albeit you loose full length graphics card support.  Oh and it's 12.6L!  

Just ordered mine hopefully in August I can start my build 

SFF Time N-ATX V2 - Gigabyte X570 I Aorus Pro WIFI - AMD Ryzen 9 5800X3D - Gigabyte Gaming OC RTX 4090 - LG C2 OLED 42" 

On 7/5/2018 at 6:57 PM, Jrasero said:

I really wanted to get the Inwin A1 since all the cables are pre-routed and you get a PSU included for $165 on Amazon, but the issue is it's still 20L like my Corsair Bulldog 2.0 and there is no way two an AIO on the CPU and GPU, nor is there a way to get my SC2 Hybrid with 120MM radiator to work even with a C7.  

IMO the NCase M1 is the best option albeit it's $220 shipped.  You can do 240MM radiator, or two 120MM.  You can put up to four 120MM fans, one 92/80mm on the rear, tons of HD mounting options, and can support ATX PSU albeit you loose full length graphics card support.  Oh and it's 12.6L!  

Just ordered mine hopefully in August I can start my build 

i know even i got an ncase, having some stupid shipping problems, hoping they get sorted out, if they do ill have all my parts in 3 days :) good luck with your build, i would love a build log of your build.

20 hours ago, HK1 said:

i know even i got an ncase, having some stupid shipping problems, hoping they get sorted out, if they do ill have all my parts in 3 days :) good luck with your build, i would love a build log of your build.

good luck with your build as well.  How long did your order take to get fulfilled and shipped?  Yeah when I have all the parts I will post for sure

SFF Time N-ATX V2 - Gigabyte X570 I Aorus Pro WIFI - AMD Ryzen 9 5800X3D - Gigabyte Gaming OC RTX 4090 - LG C2 OLED 42" 

13 hours ago, Jrasero said:

good luck with your build as well.  How long did your order take to get fulfilled and shipped?  Yeah when I have all the parts I will post for sure

my order took 8 days to arrive at my country but the website screwed up my address and changed the shipping country to the billing country so now it came all the way to my place and went to the place where im travelling to(i ordered it there to have all my parts there :)) it should be delivered soon but im guessing for other people it shouldnt take much longer.

57 minutes ago, HK1 said:

my order took 8 days to arrive at my country but the website screwed up my address and changed the shipping country to the billing country so now it came all the way to my place and went to the place where im travelling to(i ordered it there to have all my parts there :)) it should be delivered soon but im guessing for other people it shouldnt take much longer.

Thanks for the input, it's been 4 days since I placed my order and the order hasn't even been fulfilled.  I hate how their customer service is basically non existent 

did your order take over a week to process?

On 7/8/2018 at 10:17 PM, Jrasero said:

Thanks for the input, it's been 4 days since I placed my order and the order hasn't even been fulfilled.  I hate how their customer service is basically non existent 

it didn't take a week, it took about 1-2 days, don't worry, they will reply to you on their working days, you can contact them here: https://www.sfflab.com/pages/contact-us

just make sure the address is 100 percent correct, cuz if its not you will have to wait way longer or you might never get it. or customs can hold it hostage for you :) so just double check :/. sfflab.com is a 2 man company so it is kind of non existent but it still exists. im pretty sure your order will get processed, don't sweat it too much. btw i received my m1, now i just have to travel for vacation(where my case is) and make a build log :) good luck with your case, also just a warning, don't post your order number and tracking number here, people can steal your package that way or they can edit the order, so just be careful about how much info your giving out, a screen shot with the tracking number blurred out would be fine(not telling you to post it but just a heads up if you do).

im guessing the order should have been processed by now, did you already try contacting them? dan replied to my email on thursday.

On 7/8/2018 at 10:17 PM, Jrasero said:

does it say your shipment is confirmed? if it does then your package is probably already in transit cuz it still tells me my shipment is confirmed. try clicking on the tracking number, that should give you more info about the shipment. good luck :)

1 hour ago, HK1 said:

does it say your shipment is confirmed? if it does then your package is probably already in transit cuz it still tells me my shipment is confirmed. try clicking on the tracking number, that should give you more info about the shipment. good luck :)

Good luck with your build and thanks for the info

yeah I ordered on the 5th and the website said any order placed before the 8th would ship by 7-11

I emailed Dan a couple days ago about getting the status of my order and Dan answered on Monday saying that " The Silver NO ODD M1 is on preorder for August 1st shipping."

A course I was confused by this and emailed him back asking why this was since the website said it would ship by the 11th, the only thing I can think of is the Windowed version has a ship date of August 1st and maybe he thought I ordered that.  A course I probably will not hear from them until the end of the week...

My order says confirmed and is unable to be edited or canceled, but says unfulfilled, under tracking it says "your order is being processed", and they have not provided me with any kind of tracking number.  So basically they have taken $220 and nothing has shipped and I am unsure when it will ship

I guess I kind of knew this was a boutique vendor and shipping does take a while, but man is it frustrating.  At this point I wish I bit the bullet and paid for the fastest shipping so whenever it ships I would get it asap.  The lack of communication/misinformation and the fact that they don't have a phone number and only do emails twice a week is infuriating.  

I have been researching like mad trying to find an alternative to this case so I can just email them and have them try and cancel my order, but oddly there is nothing this small 12.6L that can handle dual 120MM AIO, and not to mention has this level of build quality.  The only alternative really is the Rajintek Ophion Evo but that isn't even released, is 16L, and just doesn't look as premium.

So not getting a response back from Dave at SFFLabs for days I contacted NCaseDesign on Reddit.  Someone surprisingly got back to me asap and at first they said Dave at SFFLabs would need to resolve this, but then sent me another message saying:

"I spoke with Dan regarding your issue, he says the website clearly stated that only some variants would ship by 7-11, and that some were on pre-order.

I also asked whether it would make more sense to show the shipping date the specific selection, and he says that it's a limitation with Shopify (the software the site runs on) that prevents it. He is aware of the problem, however, and he and his webmaster are looking at various solutions to try to better communicate when shipping will happen for specific model variants. In any event, it should be clear that there was no intention to mislead customers."

So the problem I have with this is their website clearly had my item shipping by 7-11 so that's BS, it's not my fault Shopify doesn't update stock or dates, I personally had to reach out to SFFLabs to get a true date, customer service at SFFLabs is terrible, they charge you fully upfront, my item is almost a month delayed, in order to get some kind of answer I had to resort to Reddit.  I know some people are going to say, well it's a small boutique company that does small batches, okay sure but at least have the correct info on the web and if a product is delayed reach out to the customer.  I have sent 4 emails to them teetering back and forth whether I want to cancel and the only reason I don't want to is because there product seems that good.  Just piss poor experience so far for what seems like a world class product.  I am sure if I went into a Mercedes dealer and ordered a car with a $500 deposit and it got delayed at least I would be notified beforehand and I would have gotten a free cup of coffee, not some well it's not are fault just the website we use excuse.    

On 7/12/2018 at 3:19 AM, Jrasero said:

So not getting a response back from Dave at SFFLabs for days I contacted NCaseDesign on Reddit.  Someone surprisingly got back to me asap and at first they said Dave at SFFLabs would need to resolve this, but then sent me another message saying:

"I spoke with Dan regarding your issue, he says the website clearly stated that only some variants would ship by 7-11, and that some were on pre-order.

I also asked whether it would make more sense to show the shipping date the specific selection, and he says that it's a limitation with Shopify (the software the site runs on) that prevents it. He is aware of the problem, however, and he and his webmaster are looking at various solutions to try to better communicate when shipping will happen for specific model variants. In any event, it should be clear that there was no intention to mislead customers."

So the problem I have with this is their website clearly had my item shipping by 7-11 so that's BS, it's not my fault Shopify doesn't update stock or dates, I personally had to reach out to SFFLabs to get a true date, customer service at SFFLabs is terrible, they charge you fully upfront, my item is almost a month delayed, in order to get some kind of answer I had to resort to Reddit.  I know some people are going to say, well it's a small boutique company that does small batches, okay sure but at least have the correct info on the web and if a product is delayed reach out to the customer.  I have sent 4 emails to them teetering back and forth whether I want to cancel and the only reason I don't want to is because there product seems that good.  Just piss poor experience so far for what seems like a world class product.  I am sure if I went into a Mercedes dealer and ordered a car with a $500 deposit and it got delayed at least I would be notified beforehand and I would have gotten a free cup of coffee, not some well it's not are fault just the website we use excuse.    

woah dude im hoping your problem gets solved and you get your case soon. have you received it yet? it should have been there by now, any update on the tracking? sorry for the late reply btw, i was  travelling and i had no pc to use the forum. i finished my M1 build, hoping you get your case soon.

On 7/16/2018 at 7:55 AM, HK1 said:

woah dude im hoping your problem gets solved and you get your case soon. have you received it yet? it should have been there by now, any update on the tracking? sorry for the late reply btw, i was  travelling and i had no pc to use the forum. i finished my M1 build, hoping you get your case soon.

nah just cancelled it, was tired of the run around.  SFFLab really never responded to any on my inquiries besides when I requested to cancel my order and literally I got a response 2 minutes later saying it was cancelled and refunded, it seemed like they just wanted me out of their hair.  The most response I got was from NCase through Reddit who rightfully so kept informing me he was only the designer, but then infuriatingly kept suggesting I might have mis-read or made up the date I saw on the web, even though he admitted the dates are manually updated and that it was plausible.  In the end I kept saying how disappointed I was but it ended for me when NCase told me this situation happens to many companies but they just they simply cancel the order.  This is simply false and a bunch of BS.  Yeah maybe if they were still some go fund me campaign but this is supposed to be a true retail store.  Got fed up and just got a Phanteks Evolv Shift case which is a very different case but on the other hand costs half as much, has tempered glass/aluminium panels, while bigger is volume its footprint is smaller, and I got it in two days off.  

2 minutes ago, Jrasero said:

nah just cancelled it, was tired of the run around.  SFFLab really never responded to any on my inquiries besides when I requested to cancel my order and literally I got a response 2 minutes later saying it was cancelled and refunded, it seemed like they just wanted me out of their hair.  The most response I got was from NCase through Reddit who rightfully so kept informing me he was only the designer, but then infuriatingly kept suggesting I might have mis-read or made up the date I saw on the web, even though he admitted the dates are manually updated and that it was plausible.  In the end I kept saying how disappointed I was but it ended for me when NCase told me this situation happens to many companies but they just they simply cancel the order.  This is simply false and a bunch of BS.  Yeah maybe if they were still some go fund me campaign but this is supposed to be a true retail store.  Got fed up and just got a Phanteks Evolv Shift case which is a very different case but on the other hand costs half as much, has tempered glass/aluminium panels, while bigger is volume its footprint is smaller, and I got it in two days off.  

oh.. btw the support never responded to me when it was about anything negative EXCEPT when my glass side panel was received shattered, they have horrible customer support. also, the creator of ncase moved his store to sfflab from ncases.com . I'm pretty sure sfflab is the man in the middle destroying everything  for ncase's customers.

also by ''simply cancel the order'' do you mean they cancelled it without informing you? cuz thats just crossing the line. im definitely gonna start a thread about this on the sff forums, this deserves justice, im sorry you couldn't get your case but this kind of support from a company is just unacceptable. 

example of good support:

i bought a 3d printer(after the kickstarter ended) back in 2016, my order got severely delayed BUT they replied to every single one of my concerns, gave me $25 worth of coupon codes to spend on their online shop everytime they delayed it, upgraded my order to the new version they made before my order arrived. a while later my laser scanner(integrated into the printer) broke off and they shipped me a free replacement. my print mat broke and they shipped me a free replacement. this is what sfflab should be at, my 3d printers company wasn't huge, it was also a small kickstarter but they kept good support, also did i mention THEY HANDED OUT FREE UPGRADE KITS TO THE PEOPLE WITH THE OLD MODEL! but i believe that the creator of ncase didnt screw this up, im really sure its sfflabs stock system. 

im hoping sfflab improves their support, i can't stand people not getting what they paid for even after waiting for 3-4 times the estimated shipping time AND I CAN DEFINITELY not tolerate the company cancelling the order without notice and permission. im really sorry about your case, ill start a discussion on this issue and ill post a link of it here.