Should I buy garry's mod?

mkessler9

Garry's mod is on sale for $5 on steam and I'm thinking about getting it. I've read good things about it but then I've read that I would have to buy a lot of other games in order to unlock all of garry's mod. Is this true? Do you like the game?

Gaming rig- Cpu- Amd 9590, 16gbs of G Skill Ram, Gpu- GTX 760 windforce 3 edition 2gb. A Thermaltake water 2.0 water cooler for my cpu. Keyboard- Thermaltake Posieden , Case- 750D, Mobo Asus 990fx R2.0. 24 inch Dell LED monitor

YES

Andres "Bluejay" Alejandro Montefusco - The Forums Favorite Bird!!!

Top Clock: 7.889 Ghz Cooled by: Liquid Helium   

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

Personally, I regret me buying it. I wouldn't recommend it. But wait to see what some other people say.

I have an extra copy if you want it.

Personally, I regret me buying it. I wouldn't recommend it. But wait to see what some other people say.

You know it's a sandbox game, right?

GW2: Vettexl.9726

Garry's Mod is like a bunch of games in one.

For $5 you can't go wrong (It might go down to $2.50 again)

I have an extra copy if you want it.

Really?

Gaming rig- Cpu- Amd 9590, 16gbs of G Skill Ram, Gpu- GTX 760 windforce 3 edition 2gb. A Thermaltake water 2.0 water cooler for my cpu. Keyboard- Thermaltake Posieden , Case- 750D, Mobo Asus 990fx R2.0. 24 inch Dell LED monitor

Really?

PM me with your Steam name or e-mail address and I'll gift it, I have no use for it.

PM me with your Steam name or e-mail address and I'll gift it, I have no use for it.

Somebody give this man a cookie

My Build Log on PCPartPicker FX-6300, ASUS M5A78L-M/USB3, MSI 7870 GHz Edition, Corsair Vengeance LP 1x8GB, 1TB WD Blue, Fractal Core 1000 USB 3.0, Corsair CX600, and my most recent addition that I've had forever and isnt new is a 80GB WD800 for Linux, Lenovo ThinkPad X131e, ASUS Transformer TF300T, Galaxy Note 3 Sister dropped it in a puddle I now have to use a Samsung Brightside, Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro 250ohm version, Blue Yeti  #TheRealKEH-JEFF | "Sometimes, if were lucky, in Australia, a family has 2 kangaroos to pick up the kids with" - marto | Your entry here | Remember kids; just because Linus has a video on it, doesn't mean that its the best choice | ts3.wferr.com the best TeamSpeak Abide by the CoC | Looking for build help? Read this before posting |

PM with acc name and pass xD

#LinusKitchenTips /// "Better than useless" - Linus Sebastian

LTT Holy bible: Code Of Conduct

Project Toaster [My Silver NCASE M1 V2 Build-log] 

Main Rig
 Case: Fractal Design Define R5 CPU: INTEL 
i5 3570k Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo Mobo: Maximus V Gene Z77 GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming (w/ 0% fan mode) RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 2x8GB 1600mHz Storage: OCZ VERTEX 4 256GB PSU: Corsair AX860 Monitor: ASUS PB278Q 1440p 27" Headphones: QPAD QH-90 Laptop
Macbook Pro Retina 13" i5 256Gb Early 2015
Phone
Oneplus One 64GB Sandstone Black

Garry's Mod is amazing. Do you watch SeaNanners? He's single handedly revitalized the GMod Community.

Prop Hunt and GMod Tower are fun!

| Case: NZXT Tempest 210 | CPU: Intel Core i5 3570K @ 3.9 Ghz | GPU: ASUS ROG STRIX GTX 1070 | RAM: Crucial Ballistix Tactical 8GB |

| Mouse: Zowie FK1 | Monitor: Acer 21.5' | Keyboard: CoolerMaster Stealth w/ Brown Switches |

#KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #1080penis

chocolate-chip-cookie-cake.jpg:DD He was serious! He's awesome!  I have to give him a cookie cake for that. Thanks again!

:DD He was serious! He's awesome!  I have to give him a cookie cake for that. Thanks again!

Np. You should give DarkRP a try if you like to role-play :)

I personaly love it. I've played it now for over 200 hrs. It's a good game, but it's true that you need to buy some games to unlock all the "content" of Garry's Mod.

But this is very optional. What I would recommend buying is the Counter-Strike Source+G-Mod Bundle and Half-Life 2. Those are the most important ones.

I would also recommend downloading Team Fortress 2. It's free, makes a lot of fun on its own and adds a whole lot of content to G-Mod. 

If you decide to buy it, check out the Steam Workshop. It has lots of awesome stuff.

All of the Games that add content to G-Mod:

Half-Life: Source

Half-Life 2

Half-Life 2: Episode 1

Half-Life 2: Episode 2

Portal 1 & 2

Team-Fortress

Left4Dead 1 & 2

Counter-Strike: Source

Day of Defeat: Source

And some other Source-Engine Based games/mods such as:

Zombie Panic Source
Age of Chivalry
ect.

I'll check it out

I personaly love it. I've played it now for over 200 hrs. It's a good game, but it's true that you need to buy some games to unlock all the "content" of Garry's Mod.

But this is very optional. What I would recommend buying is the Counter-Strike Source+G-Mod Bundle and Half-Life 2. Those are the most important ones.

I would also recommend downloading Team Fortress 2. It's free, makes a lot of fun on its own and adds a whole lot of content to G-Mod. 

If you decide to buy it, check out the Steam Workshop. It has lots of awesome stuff.

All of the Games that add content to G-Mod:

Half-Life: Source

Half-Life 2

Half-Life 2: Episode 1

Half-Life 2: Episode 2

Portal 1 & 2

Team-Fortress

Left4Dead 1 & 2

Counter-Strike: Source

Day of Defeat: Source

And some other Source-Engine Based games/mods such as:

Zombie Panic Source
Age of Chivalry
ect.

There are content packs that add textures and whatnot to the game without needing the other games, though I won't link to them here just in case they're against the CoC in some way.

Nope, PERP is better... :D But I like how one idiot called KillSlick is trying to close all PERP servers because he says he owns it and he doesnt have any proof :D

CPU: AMD R7 5800x | GPU: XFX 5500XT 4GB | RAM: 2x8GB Kingston Fury Renegade 3600MHz CL16 | Cooling: Deepcool Gammaxx L360 | MB: Aorus B550 Elite V2 | Storage: Samsung 850 Evo 250gb & WD20EAZX | Case: Antec DF700

Lenovo ThinkPad Yoga 460: Intel 6200U | 8GB | 256GB SSD | Active pen

There are content packs that add textures and whatnot to the game without needing the other games, though I won't link to them here just in case they're against the CoC in some way.

I didnt know that stuff like this exists. But I've got the most of the games you need for G-Mod anyway.  ;)