Is this a good cheap replacement computer?

I'm considering getting a udoo bolt v8 and putting a graphics card on it later. It's ballooned in price with the case and such so I'm having second thoughts.

How much would the cpu bottleneck me in various loads?

Currently I'm just browsing the internet and watching youtube but I'm considering some audio stuff. I thought a raspberry pi zero w would be good enough or at least a full raspberry (I wanted the zero w for something) but apparently it wouldn't be powerful enough.

Also does anyone know if I can upgrade the soc later? Potentially with a non embedded soc if that's applicable. Or is a lot of the functionality on the chip?

Hugs and tea,

tumaru

12 minutes ago, greentumaru said:

I'm considering getting a udoo bolt v8 and putting a graphics card on it later. It's ballooned in price with the case and such so I'm having second thoughts.

How much would the cpu bottleneck me in various loads?

Currently I'm just browsing the internet and watching youtube but I'm considering some audio stuff. I thought a raspberry pi zero w would be good enough or at least a full raspberry (I wanted the zero w for something) but apparently it wouldn't be powerful enough.

Also does anyone know if I can upgrade the soc later? Potentially with a non embedded soc if that's applicable. Or is a lot of the functionality on the chip?

Hugs and tea,

tumaru

Even though it talks about a GPU it doesn't appear to have PCIE slot, while you MAY be able to route a graphics card through those M.2 slots but it will cost a ton of money and deliver little performance. That CPU also looks like trash, Fortnite and VR would be very slow and would stutter consistently (if they run at all), I would not buy this. SOCs by nature are non upgradeable. If you need something now, and are willing to work with used components I may be able to recommend some stuff that would fit your budget, depending on what that is.

In search of the future, new tech, and exploring the universe! All under the cover of anonymity!

Sorry for taking so long to respond. That budget question is complex.

My main goal is to get a silent computer as the noise of my current computer is giving me a headache that literally had me making conspiracy theories about the sound the power grid was making since it didn't stop when I turned it off. I haven't turned my computer back on in a couple weeks because the difference is way bigger than I thought it would be. I've turned my udoo bolt to one dollar now.

My budget is nothing. Which is why I liked the udoo bolt at first because it was only 230 but that expanded twice as I sponge for bigger options. Also one reason why I wanted the raspberry pi zero w but that's not powerful enough. And I wanted to use the zero w to turn a keyboard into a wireless keyboard but that was too uncertain.

What sort of budget do you suggest?