Gaming PC Build - £700/$1150 budget

Hello! 

I am currently in the process of saving up money (as I am only 14 at the moment) for a mid to high end Gaming PC. This will be a fully custom build and will include high end components with brands such as Nvidia, Intel, Corsair, Asus etc. (I have nothing against AMD!) I am hoping to play the newest games at the highest settings the majority of times getting frames at approximately 50FPS plus. I would love to play games such as the Battlefields, Call of Duty's, DayZ, Arma Games, Valve games and many more.

I have researched various setups - but the main components I am thinking of are:

CPU - Intel Core i5 4670k 4-Core @ 3.4GHz (Socket 1150)

MOBO - Asus B85 Plus w/ PCIe 2.0/3.0, 4x Memory Slots and Socket 1150
RAM - Corsair Vengeance 8GB  2x4GB DDR3 1600Mhz 
GPU - Asus GeForce GTX 760 2GB GDDR5
HDD - Western Digital 1TB 7200RPM (Mass Storage mainly)
DVD - Lite-On iHas 24x DVD Writer/Drive 
PSU - Corsair Builder Series CX600 Watt PSU

OS - Windows 7 64bit (Don't mind on HPr, Prof, Ulti etc.)
CASE - Cooler Master RC-430 Full ATX Black/Blue Case

I will be willing to upgrade this PC in the future for better performance (4x Ram Slots etc.) when I get the money but this would hopefully be my starting PC and any improvements, recommendations would help a lot.

Many thanks.

CPUIntel Core i5 4670K 3.4GHz COOLER: CoolerMaster Hyper 212 EVO MOBO: MSI G45 Gaming RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8GB 1866MHz GPU: MSI GTX 770 HDD: WD Black 1TB SSD: Kingston 240GB PSU: Corsair 750W DVD: Samsung 24x OS: Windows 7 FAN: 2x Corsair Red Case Fans CASE: Corsair 400R HEADSET: Corsair 1500 v2

Hold on an optical drive ?? wasted £20 just get a USB stick for usb 3 much quicker and quieter 

should also see if u can strech for an SSD boot drive or this computer will still be quiet slow :L

also maybe look into cheaper ram at the same speed possibly corsair is good but is very Over Priced :L maybe look into G Skill or Kingston :).

the GTX 760 Maybe try a R9 280x or even a R9 290 ( when non ref cooler come) you will get more FPS unless you want G-Sync in the future.

apart from the things above that should be a very nice computer just remember the cable management :P

Current Build : 

CASE: Fractal Design R4 w/Window CPU: Intel 4930K,  RAM: 16GB Ripjaws Z 2133Mhz  Cooling: H100i  MotherBoard: Asus P9x79 Pro , PSU: CS750M   Storage: 2x Samsung 840 Pro 256Gb , 1Tb Seagate Barracuda, 500GB WD Black,  Graphics: Gigabyte GTX 780 Windforce 3GB,  Monitors: AOC G2460PG ( G sync monitor), Edge10 24" 1080p , 24" 1680*1020p monitor ( LCD)  Microphone: Blue Yeti  Keyboard: Cougar 700k  Phone: Samsung Note 3  Headphones: Sennheiser HD598

Laptop:

CPU: 
4710MQ  Ram: 8GB 1600MHz Storage:120Gb 840 Evo + 1Tb 5400Rpm HDD  Graphics: GTX 850M 2GB   Screen: 1080p IPS  

Hold on an optical drive ?? wasted £20 just get a USB stick for usb 3 much quicker and quieter 

should also see if u can strech for an SSD boot drive or this computer will still be quiet slow :L

As said before when I get the money I will upgrade - and most likely get a SSD along with the 1TB HDD for improved speed. I will use it for my OS, starting up games etc. but I think I can cope with a 7200PRM drive to start with.

With the RAM I am still experimenting so will probably find some cheaper 2x4GB RAM but at the same specs.

For the GTX 760, I believe to start in mid to high end gaming this is perfect for me and it suits my price range. Even though the AMD cards may slightly out perform it, I still would rather a Nvidia card and the 760 fits my starting price budget.

& don't worry - I can be seen as a bit OCD in this area :D.

CPUIntel Core i5 4670K 3.4GHz COOLER: CoolerMaster Hyper 212 EVO MOBO: MSI G45 Gaming RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8GB 1866MHz GPU: MSI GTX 770 HDD: WD Black 1TB SSD: Kingston 240GB PSU: Corsair 750W DVD: Samsung 24x OS: Windows 7 FAN: 2x Corsair Red Case Fans CASE: Corsair 400R HEADSET: Corsair 1500 v2

Hello! 

I am currently in the process of saving up money (as I am only 14 at the moment) for a mid to high end Gaming PC. This will be a fully custom build and will include high end components with brands such as Nvidia, Intel, Corsair, Asus etc. (I have nothing against AMD!) I am hoping to play the newest games at the highest settings the majority of times getting frames at approximately 50FPS plus. I would love to play games such as the Battlefields, Call of Duty's, DayZ, Arma Games, Valve games and many more.

I have researched various setups - but the main components I am thinking of are:

CPU - Intel Core i5 4670k 4-Core @ 3.4GHz (Socket 1150)

MOBO - Asus B85 Plus w/ PCIe 2.0/3.0, 4x Memory Slots and Socket 1150

RAM - Corsair Vengeance 8GB  2x4GB DDR3 1600Mhz 

GPU - Asus GeForce GTX 760 2GB GDDR5

HDD - Western Digital 1TB 7200RPM (Mass Storage mainly)

DVD - Lite-On iHas 24x DVD Writer/Drive 

PSU - Corsair Builder Series CX600 Watt PSU

OS - Windows 7 64bit (Don't mind on HPr, Prof, Ulti etc.)

CASE - Cooler Master RC-430 Full ATX Black/Blue Case

I will be willing to upgrade this PC in the future for better performance (4x Ram Slots etc.) when I get the money but this would hopefully be my starting PC and any improvements, recommendations would help a lot.

Many thanks.

you are wasting money on a K series cpu with that motherboard for this price point I and many others will say go the AMD route it will become just a tad slower cpu wise but you could get a stronger gpu 

you are wasting money on a K series cpu with that motherboard for this price point I and many others will say go the AMD route it will become just a tad slower cpu wise but you could get a stronger gpu 

Thanks for the feedback. I believe a 4-core Intel CPU will be strong for me as I can over-clock it and I rather Intel over AMD (personal preference.) And as stated in my first post, I have said I will be upgrading so I will not need a stronger GPU as a 760 is a great card for my budget to begin with.

Thanks for the feedback. I believe a 4-core Intel CPU will be strong for me as I can over-clock it and I rather Intel over AMD (personal preference.) And as stated in my first post, I have said I will be upgrading so I will not need a stronger GPU as a 760 is a great card for my budget to begin with.

not with that motherboard you can't it needs to be a z87 chipset board If you don't want SLI in the future I recommend the HD3 if you want SLI the UD3H or anything around that price 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.